Var debate 2019/20

No surprise.
Bournemouth had the audacity to complain about the paragon of virtue that is Jon Moss
I tried to watch MOTD this morning for the first time in months.
First up Chelsea vs Tottingham, no contentious decisions to argue about
Plucky Foxes vs the cheaters, nothing at all untoward
Burnley vs the latest team to have a moan. Two obvious and very clear handballs quite rightly denying them two goals...

Switched off and went back to not bothering watching football again.

pros and cons my friend- VAR has been shit in so many ways, I’ve stated on here so many times.
It does have a chance to improve though - unlike relying on one bloke running up and down making blind guesses.

The thing about VAR is that there are so many ways it could be improved and yet they’ve barely implemented any of the feedback thus far.

I feel like we have no idea VAR actually could be because it’s being used in such a poor way.

No VAR process is better than the VAR we have now but I need to see what the VAR process is like after all the feedback is taken on board.

The major worry is that they’ll be too slow to make changes or ignore feedback entirely which would be madness.

The thing about VAR is that there are so many ways it could be improved and yet they’ve barely implemented any of the feedback thus far.

I feel like we have no idea VAR actually could be because it’s being used in such a poor way.

No VAR process is better than the VAR we have now but I need to see what the VAR process is like after all the feedback is taken on board.

The major worry is that they’ll be too slow to make changes or ignore feedback entirely which would be madness.

Sick of hearing how it can be improved, the flaws we’ve seen this weekend has nothing to do with the laws, nothing to do with technology but simply someone still failing to deliver the right call despite every angle and studying it for minutes. It’s nothing short of a disgrace. We aren’t complaining about how long it’s taking, we aren’t complaining about how and when it’s used. We are complicating that even still when they review incidents they get them drastically wrong. How can that improve other than selecting someone who might have eyes to make the decisions?

Sick of hearing how it can be improved, the flaws we’ve seen this weekend has nothing to do with the laws, nothing to do with technology but simply someone still failing to deliver the right call despite every angle and studying it for minutes. It’s nothing short of a disgrace. We aren’t complaining about how long it’s taking, we aren’t complaining about how and when it’s used. We are complicating that even still when they review incidents they get them drastically wrong. How can that improve other than selecting someone who might have eyes to make the decisions?

You’re right.

I’m saying the process can improve and by a lot. That’s separate from decisions always being right.

VAR isn’t a computer says no situation and will always rely on human judgement for non offside decisions.

Unfortunately the standard of the ref will always play as big a part as anything else.

No tweaking or changes to VAR will alter the basic fact that it has removed spontaneous goal celebrations. It will ALWAYS do that.

93:20 was one of the best moments in my life. That can no longer happen.

Argue about corruption, argue about teething, argue about miking up refs. It is all irrelevant. Football is dead. Long live the technocrats and the lifeless zombies who still want this. Its all yours...

You’re right.

I’m saying the process can improve and by a lot. That’s separate from decisions always being right.

VAR isn’t a computer says no situation and will always rely on human judgement for non offside decisions.

Unfortunately the standard of the ref will always play as big a part as anything else.

There doesn’t have to be any standard of ref though. The decisions not given in the last week are just plain awful, someone with no refereeing qualifications can see it so why can’t paid professionals. 50/50s are a lot harder which I’d have some sympathy for. The missed red cards and blatant penalties are unforgivable.

No tweaking or changes to VAR will alter the basic fact that it has removed spontaneous goal celebrations. It will ALWAYS do that.

93:20 was one of the best moments in my life. That can no longer happen.

Argue about corruption, argue about teething, argue about miking up refs. It is all irrelevant. Football is dead. Long live the technocrats and the lifeless zombies who still want this. Its all yours...
I celebrate then immediately doubts come into my mind and I wonder was a little toe offside in the build up or what else can they find.

In business if you had a product rollout as poorly implemented and run as VAR is now heads would be rolling, Riley is either totally incompetent or totally corrupt, I would probably think the latter because he’s still in the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.