Var debate 2019/20

If the VAR team are making worse decisions than a ref on the spot then its hardly working well.

I think these past two weeks they have made such a balls up it will be an excuse to scrap it for next season, it wouldn't surprise me if it were all deliberate as well

If the VAR team are making worse decisions than a ref on the spot then its hardly working well.

I think these past two weeks they have made such a balls up it will be an excuse to scrap it for next season, it wouldn't surprise me if it were all deliberate as well

problem is , any VAR decisions that are correct which in previous seasons the ref would have missed are not getting highlighted at all - it’s only the decisions that VAR are not correcting that are being highlighted to an extreme proportion whilst forgetting the ref would have gave the same outcome anyway.

spot on matey

mistakes by the ref is just about ok and both fans and players can understand but mistakes by VAR what is the point
maybe go back to using in the back ground and then have the big screens in the stadiums show the highlights and then the ref's can make his own mind up to have a another look and have the VAR team show him replays on the screens

problem is , any VAR decisions that are correct which in previous seasons the ref would have missed are not getting highlighted at all - it’s only the decisions that VAR are not correcting that are being highlighted to an extreme proportion whilst forgetting the ref would have gave the same outcome anyway.

There are many correct VAR but if you are studying it in a booth they should all be correct. I would seriously go back to how it were. Human error is normal and it don't help when you get whining shits blaming the ref when they have 200 sky slow-mo replays

Just watching a few minutes of Arsenal whilst adverts on the Golf

Interesting to hear rat boy in commentary state that the commentary team listen to all the chat from/to Stockley Park and see all the video that VAR watch.

He than made the excellent point “if we can hear and watch why can’t the fans - in the stadium and on the telly?” Okay PL - what’s the answer please?

Also made me wonder what happens in international markets - do they all the stream and broadcast them too!

Give it a rest, with that logic you keep complaining about wrong decisions pre var. why don’t you highlight occasions refs got it right pre var?

Thats the way it looks to me too....

But....now here's the rub..
Prem refs had earpieces long before Var was brought in ..officially....
Who were refs such as Anthony Taylor talking to when they changed their mind sending off Luiz of Chelsea a few years back at Etihad.
I'm more concerned aboutVar being in use before it was officially brought in...you know .the dummy run season where stockley park was in use and nobody told us,lol
So if Var is pulled next season, will the earpeices go?...I doubt it.

In business if you had a product rollout as poorly implemented and run as VAR is now heads would be rolling, Riley is either totally incompetent or totally corrupt, I would probably think the latter because he’s still in the job.
Mr Riley reflects the wishes of those who promoted him to his position. No more, no less.

Just watching a few minutes of Arsenal whilst adverts on the Golf

Interesting to hear rat boy in commentary state that the commentary team listen to all the chat from/to Stockley Park and see all the video that VAR watch.

He than made the excellent point “if we can hear and watch why can’t the fans - in the stadium and on the telly?” Okay PL - what’s the answer please?

Also made me wonder what happens in international markets - do they all the stream and broadcast them too!

That struck a chord with me too.

Why aren't the PiGMOL fuckers being made to use screens and the paying public hear how the decisions are arrived at ?

My conclusion = corruption and bias .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.