UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also depends when we got the questions they required answers to . If that's an issue, CAS would look at the whole chronology to see whether any delay in submitting our dossier was reasonable.

Having been in this position several times, I've always found that Courts lean heavily towards allowing more generous time to those under investigation in order to demonstrate "fairness" of process.

I'm never confident of Court proceedings but I do know that being up against time limitations leads to haste which leads to mistakes and I hope that's the case here.
I feel that our owners and their legal team will have not seen CAS as a cul de sac but merely a roundabout to be negotiated with options to continue whatever its outcome.

A more interesting question IMO is what liability do individuals have?

Yves Leterme is the 1 person the club have accused of inproper conduct. We know from the PSG case that as the head of the IC he has total power, and was able to summarily dismiss the objections of his colleagues without reason.

If he is the single person who has stopped the club from giving their evidence and made his ruling, then he is the single person responsible for all of the reputation damage done by his decision and his reaction to the accusation of leaking was the very definition of protesting too much.

So what exposure to civil or criminal action does he have personally if we get cleared, and he didn't follow the process he was supposed to?

Leterme has form

A recent report by the consultancy firm KPMG had reported that Yves Leterme had an "authoritarian" management of Idea and a lack of collective decision-making power. The report also referred to cases of discrimination, preferential treatment and harassment.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2018/0...ister-yves-leterme-will-have-to-leave-the-id/

I was looking at the thread at the time, and to be fair to said ‘blogger’, who for the avoidance of doubt is an articulate and talented City writer, the point that he made (namely that Rabin piling in with a trademark expose on what one of the journalists the ‘blogger’ was trying to have a sensible debate with, had said previously, wasn’t really helpful in the circumstances) had some validity IMO. It would be disappointing if Rabin has closed his account as a result of the altercation. He really has no need to

He likened Rabin to an irritating drunk. Pretty unpleasant in the circumstances. And your 'articulate' is my 'verbose'.

Whilst we're speculating, I"m interested in this newly-embraced and much-touted concept that the rules may be corrupt but we "signed up to them" so it doesn't matter.

Setting aside the idea that you can compete in football without CL money, I'd love to see the "contract" we "signed" up to. Presumably there is some sort of contractual obligation on UEFA to administer the competition and its processes fairly. Even if there isn"t, it would surely be implicit given the required trust between the parties.

Proven breach of that agreement by UEFA would be an interesting situation given that we know the size of the financial penalties UEFA would like to impose on us. And that's before you start on the other financial implications.

Sign-up for won't stand well in law as its almost a ransom demand, especially as UEFA are a commercial organisation that competes with the clubs for sponsorship and stops the competing clubs promoting their sponsors on match days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.