Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced the mourinho tactics first half was all part of a great masterplan and think we could have taken the worst madrid side ive ever seen (by a long way) to the cleaners but I'll roll with it for now

Will await the backlash as everyone is rightly excited and happy but he got lucky tonight. His team selection and tactics showed them too much respect and us little respect.

It's as if people seem to forget that we were 0-1 down with that selection and tactics before Sterling came on, Jesus went up top, KDB had options and we played how we normally play.

Madrid were there for the taking and the last ten minutes showed that. The home leg will be a comfortable victory if he doesn't show them respect again.
Made the right changes, Made the wrong team selection. We were a tad lucky but I'm glad we got out of there with a 1-2 result.

Credit to the main man for the brave setup. Many uncertain before the game, but solid morale boosting performance. Good start to the tie. That's why we need to keep him as long as possible.

The majority of people on this forum now talk absolute nonsense. We’ve just beaten Madrid, Pep’s tactics were spot on. Their team might not be the same without Ronaldo, but, they’re still a very good side hence their position in the league.

Fact is we won, everything else is circumstantial and we played very well. Best sides don’t always win.

We could also have had a couple more.

I've been a pretty big critic of him this season but last night was him rising to the occasion and I'm surprised to see some of you playing it off like he got lucky.

We dominated Real Madrid in their own stadium, could have easily ended up hammering them and now take two away goals into the return leg with their captain and talisman suspended.

It might have been boring for the first half hour but we created a nervous atmosphere for the home team which we then capitalised on.

Starting Gabby out wide was a brilliant move. People moaned about the lack of Aguero but if he started or Jesus was given the role of a traditional striker then you can bet your arse that they'd have been invisible and marked out of the game by Varane and Ramos. Instead, we got extra protection down the left hand side in the first half and we got De Bruyne in more space floating in front of their defence and behind their midfield.

We dominated them in the middle of the park and then continued to build from there as they became more tired and more nervous with the only hitch being we conceded the first goal due to a string of individual errors.

One of my main criticisms of Pep's setups this season is that they've been, for the most part, predictable and he's been stubborn in rigidly sticking to what hasn't worked. Last night he took a few things which haven't worked and tweaked what was around them to get the best result we could have expected. Unless, of course, you are deluded enough to have expected us to turn up to the Bernabeau and knock them for six.

We smothered them and not in the "well we had 10% more possession and 4 times as many chances" kind of smothering I've grown tired of reading in the face of a disappointing result against weak opposition. We suffocated them in their own backyard.

This is the Pep I love to see and the one who, other than odd spells in December and January, I've missed this season. He looked like a kid on Christmas day before kick off.

Agree - think we would've battered them with a different setup. They are decidedly average at the moment
FFS, mate, just had quick view of your past 20 or so posts and you really are either one of the most miserable ****s on this forum or one of the biggest WUMs. Or both.

We just beat Real Madrid away and apart from applauding an Eddie save and some praise for Walker that is still a subtle dig on the future of the club, you’re just spouting negative **** in every thread.

You need to find something that brings you joy, that isn’t WUMing, as City certainly doesn’t seem to do it for you.

FFS, mate, just had quick view of your past 20 or so posts and you really are either one of the most miserable ****s on this forum or one of the biggest WUMs. Or both.

We just beat Real Madrid away and apart from applauding an Eddie save and some praise for Walker that is still a subtle dig on the future of the club, you’re just spouting negative **** in every thread.

You need to find something that brings you joy, that isn’t WUMing, as City certainly doesn’t seem to do it for you.

You went through 20 posts just to take a shot at a fellow Blue, and for a post that is midly critical at best? Christ. Says more about you than me I think, bud.

Perhaps it would be wise to heed your own advice and enjoy the win, instead of focussing on petty forum one-upmanship and lashing out.

You went through 20 posts just to take a shot at a fellow Blue, and for a post that is midly critical at best? Christ. Says more about you than me I think, bud.

Perhaps it would be wise to heed your own advice and enjoy the win, instead of focussing on petty forum one-upmanship and lashing out.
Stop deflecting, as you usually do.

It’s your body of negative work that I was highlighting, and it’s not the first time you have been called out, including by me and other mods.

It says everything about you, and you should heed the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.