Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 17 Jul 2019.

1. WallyA

WallyA

The problem is Pep instructs ederson to come out like that.

He instructs the team to play out of the back even when down to 10 men.

Yes individuals will make mistakes, but he doesn't make things easy for himself.

2. Goater=Legend

Goater=Legend

Can't blame him for ederson, sterling playing a blind pass and mendy just being a clown.

KDB wasn't having a good game let's be honest here, Gundogan was just the wrong sub

3. Cobra

Cobra

How about the crap substitutions? Why go 5-3-1? Why take De Bruyne off? Why did we spend £60 million on a right back who hasn’t made it onto the pitch in the last 7 league games? Why has Foden only played 140 minutes in the league this season? Why is Sterling on penalties?

4. alexmcity

alexmcity

Team supported:
    City
    The problem wasn't with Ederson coming out but with him committing the foul and leaving the team with 10 men for 80 minutes away from home. It was brainless. Also Mendy's mistake had nothing to with playing from the back.

5. Kazzydeyna

Kazzydeyna

That would be the final insult after the way he has consistently talked the club and the fans down since he got here.

He shouldn't be allowed to walk, he should be told to leave.

He would not, not once, not ever, have spoken about Bayern or their fans the way he has consistently talked about working class city fans.

6. Kinkladze 1

Kinkladze 1

Putting sterling on penalties ffs.

7. ws01

ws01

Absolute mare he's having this season. Just doesn't look or sound his usual self

8. Fame Monster

Fame Monster

Pep's had a shocker this year and is much to blame as Michael Oliver for why we're so far behind in the title race.

Taking Kev off to put Pep's mate on cost us big time (along with mistakes from players).

9. eastmanc

eastmanc

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Love Pep to death but I felt he got it wrong tonight.

10. WallyA

WallyA

Ederson has become predictable to me. If I'm the manager of any other team I would always put a fast player up top and launch balls forward because Ederson will come out everytime. I blame him for thr vardy goal as well because vardy was being shepherded by Dinho to the wing and Ederson comes out and gives Vardy the easy option.

For sure Mendy messed up, but it seems like to me it was from the idea of holding the ball and maybe attempting to run through the pressure. It was terrible of course and he should have hoofed it this whole game I've seen our players from deep try to run through and mess up. Walker and Sterling did it countless times. Anytime I see the same mistake from the same position THAT many times, I must think thr manager is instructing them to do something like that.