Boss who put everyone on $70K a year

I scanned it.

I think the point that needs to be made though is that it is not a sustainable model. The point needs to be made because some people are too dim to understand otherwise and go off thinking "what a great idea, why don't all companies do this." The bleedin' obvious answer is because it would not work.

It might work in this very specific case, but let's use our imagination and think how this would work in another sector. Let's take say er, English apples. Can you imagine what it would do for sales of our own apples if we paid the pickers £50 an hour? You'd never see a Cox on the shelf ever again. The entire country would be flooded with French Golden Delicious and the whole British apples industry would cease to exist.

How long does the company have to keep going and keep making a profit before you will say they are sustainable? He did this 5 years ago, his business has expanded and he is making more money (for the company) than ever. That seems to say to me that he is doing very well on the sustainability front.

How long does the company have to keep going and keep making a profit before you will say they are sustainable? He did this 5 years ago, his business has expanded and he is making more money (for the company) than ever. That seems to say to me that he is doing very well on the sustainability front.
I didn't mean sustainable as in over a period of time, I meant sustainable as a general model to be used elsewhere. Sustainable can mean "able to be upheld or defended", and I meant that it's not something we could adopt all over the place. It clearly works in this instance, so that's great.

It can be used elsewhere though. The important thing isn't the figure as such, it's the discrepancy between lowest and highest paid, which has grown even more over the last couple of decades.

I've thought the same as I've gone up the ladder in my career. I look at the wage of the people that directly work for me and the wage of my boss and the gap is huge and widening all the time. Go up another level and then it's just obscene.

We need more leaders and companies that realise they should exist for the benefit of their employees and their customers as well, they are not just a means to an end for themselves.

We need more leaders and companies that realise they should exist for the benefit of their employees and their customers as well, they are not just a means to an end for themselves.

Honestly I think that's a bit naive. Pretty much all decent company leaders realise this already and behave accordingly.

I scanned it.

I think the point that needs to be made though is that it is not a sustainable model. The point needs to be made because some people are too dim to understand otherwise and go off thinking "what a great idea, why don't all companies do this." The bleedin' obvious answer is because it would not work.

It might work in this very specific case, but let's use our imagination and think how this would work in another sector. Let's take say er, English apples. Can you imagine what it would do for sales of our own apples if we paid the pickers £50 an hour? You'd never see a Cox on the shelf ever again. The entire country would be flooded with French Golden Delicious and the whole British apples industry would cease to exist.

I’m with you on this one Chippy Boy. I’m surprised there aren’t more people echoing your opinion. I think people just look at someone spreading the wealth and automatically think that’s what society needs, therefore this is a good thing. It’s a crap idea in my opinion.

I’m with you on this one Chippy Boy. I’m surprised there aren’t more people echoing your opinion. I think people just look at someone spreading the wealth and automatically think that’s what society needs, therefore this is a good thing. It’s a crap idea in my opinion.
Apparently not mate. According to such geniuses as "Nails" you and I are just thick.

Honestly I think that's a bit naive. Pretty much all decent company leaders realise this already and behave accordingly.

Like who? It’s been the same in every big company I’ve worked for, I’m a beneficiary of it.

Which big companies can you name that have implemented anything around reducing the gap between their employees and senior management and then the leadership?

Like who? It’s been the same in every big company I’ve worked for, I’m a beneficiary of it.

Which big companies can you name that have implemented anything around reducing the gap between their employees and senior management and then the leadership?

How about John Lewis. They have always included all employees in a profit sharing scheme. I know they are suffering financially but that is to do with on line shopping. The retail model they have had for years has always put them out in front.

How about John Lewis. They have always included all employees in a profit sharing scheme. I know they are suffering financially but that is to do with on line shopping. The retail model they have had for years has always put them out in front.

Not a bad shout! There's a good example of how it should be done (possibly, I don't know enough about how it fully works for them). I work in retail currently for a different very well known retailer.

I scanned it.

Why scan it, argue the point you're not versed in without context, to type up something that's not accurate?

IF you read it, you'll see the market share for the company has gone up!!

All companies can do it relative to what the profit margin is as companies need the workers to make their profit margin.

It's not a one man band, it's a company.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.