COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, some random news sources ( click bait I hope ) are saying its more likely to be 60/80% of the global population getting it... but they never give sources.
Liverpools title parade will be like a scene from shaun of the dead

Can’t understand how all these people who came back from known areas of contamination didn’t self isolate. Are they that bloody stupid ?

Maybe skint, they might need to go to work? They may have passed it on in an airport. The advice has been a little odd - it’s not that easy to shut yourself away for two weeks, particularly if you haven’t had symptoms

Kids who show signs are told to stay at home but the school will remain open and their siblings marked down as truant if they stay off

WHO have just released the following statement. So we are dealing with a smarty pants virus - one thing this virus has not factored into it's plans for world domination is a certain Donald John Trump in whom we know has a cunning plan of denial up his sleeves to save us all.

'A unique virus' - WHO chief

The head of the World Health Organization (WHO), Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, says the new coronavirus "is a unique virus with unique features".

"This virus is not influenza. We have never before seen a pathogen that can transfer between individuals [so easily]."

"Containment of Covid-19 must remain the top priority for all countries," he says, adding that governments have "no choice but to act now".

Due to go on a cruise on 28th March that departs from Genoa, and we're all flying into Milan that morning then getting the train down to join the ship.
Hoping the situation might have improved by then but I'm thinking it gets worse before it gets better.

Think we might need to formulate a plan B if the cruise does indeed get canned.

Due to go on a cruise on 28th March that departs from Genoa, and we're all flying into Milan that morning then getting the train down to join the ship.
Hoping the situation might have improved by then but I'm thinking it gets worse before it gets better.

Think we might need to formulate a plan B if the cruise does indeed get canned.
The powers that be reckon 12 - 18 mths before a turn round

Starting to worry me as I have a young baby, I’m 12 weeks pregnant and I’m already immune compromised due to medication for my Ulcerative colitis . Worrying about my babies so much

First case being reported uncomfortably close to me, about fifteen miles away and i work with people from the same place.

Company has called an unusually short notice meeting for this morning, we were joking that it was to say no handshakes, but could actually be to enforce home working and no travelling.
How did the meeting go lad? What was the outcome?

We got a letter just to say if the Coronavirus manages to get in our place we are out of work with no pay.

Can’t understand how all these people who came back from known areas of contamination didn’t self isolate. Are they that bloody stupid ?
The question is, should they come back at all, they have to go to an airport get on a plane go through another airport, great way of spreading it. We’ve been contacted in Royton now saying someone may have had it at the health centre there and not to go if you have the symptoms, this is getting close now, give it a month the country could be on lock down.

Starting to worry me as I have a young baby, I’m 12 weeks pregnant and I’m already immune compromised due to medication for my Ulcerative colitis . Worrying about my babies so much

by all accounts it’s very rare for babies to get it and even then the cases are very mild.

this was from a couple of weeks ago so data may have changed by I’ve not seen anything when looking to suggest it has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.