COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. Floored me like nothing else I’ve had before or since.
It’s why I bang on about the estimated severe case rate being just as — if not more — important than the estimated mortality rate, as that will impact everything else depending on how effectively transmission can be slowed and the overall burden on the healthcare system of any given region suffering an outbreak.

It does not currently have an estimated mortality rate of 1%, it is between 2-4% depending on sources/time/location, and especially not in people with high-risk pre-existing medical conditions (it’s much higher), which is the case for a fairly large portion of the world population. Not to mention the mortality rate will increase if the healthcare system is overwhelmed with severe cases, which is likely if serious containment and slowing of transmission is not achieved given the current estimated severe case rate is 15-25%, depending on sources/time/location.

Which is one of the many reasons why most people not being arsed is a big problem.

the mortality rate where there are no underlying health conditions is 0.9%.

How did the meeting go lad? What was the outcome?

We got a letter just to say if the Coronavirus manages to get in our place we are out of work with no pay.

Online meetings wherever possible, no International travel to affected countries, uk travel to be reviewed weekly and wait and see what Boris comes up with tomorrow.

Italy cases up to 2,032 and now 52 deaths - the amount of infections must be significantly higher than being reported
Bulletin of the civil protection corps updated to today at 6 pm, divided by region. I'm sure you can guess what the headers mean, but if you have a translation doubt just ask.
ESHu1B8XUAI_pn0

the mortality rate where there are no underlying health conditions is 0.9%.
Yes, that is what I indicated in the follow-up post where I point to the difference between the estimated overall mortality rate and the estimated mortality rates for various cohorts (e.g. no underlying health conditions, infected with certain health conditions, infected in certain age ranges, and so on) and why it is important not to mix them up (as it incorrectly diminishes the actual potential risk to the population at large).

And again, based on WHO and CDC guidance, it is a “best case” estimate and could be lower or higher than the actual rate, and also changes significantly based on region, healthcare access/quality, and a few other factors. It also could change if people chose not to take precautions to reduce/slow transmission, as initial estimates are based on relatively small and potentially inaccurate universes of data.

I was the only one in my household to get swine flu. That was absolutely dreadful

Me too infact I actually got it and had to ring that phone line on the very last day it was operational as the swine flu had virtually died out. I think thats why I am quite paranoid about this virus...that and the fact they flew that plane load of Brits off the Cruise liner to Boscombe Down which has spooked me.

Bulletin of the civil protection corps updated to today at 6 pm, divided by region. I'm sure you can guess what the headers mean, but if you have a translation doubt just ask.
ESHu1B8XUAI_pn0
"Attualmente" means "currently", not "actually" btw. It's one of those false-friend bastards.

ESHu1B8XUAI_pn0

Presumably, the Dimessi Guariti is low in the 2nd-5th regions because the virus spread there after Lombardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.