The FTSE

As a matter of interest, if the stock market is very buoyant 12 months before my ideal target retirement date, can I transfer the stocks and shares investment money into a potentially safer fund like gold?
We all know what an unforeseen event such as a large terrorist attack or a super flu bug does in the short term

As a matter of interest, if the stock market is very buoyant 12 months before my ideal target retirement date, can I transfer the stocks and shares investment money into a potentially safer fund like gold?
We all know what an unforeseen event such as a large terrorist attack or a super flu bug does in the short term

Whoever you are with will have a range of funds in which you can invest. Unless you are invested on a platform, Gold is unlikely to be one of them.

Closing the day 6462!!

Anyone with shares in cruse ships or planes could have taken a hammering.

Dare not look at my RBS shares.

But fir anyone with balls surely the FTSE will hit 8000 within 3 years once this has all passed so I make that a 20 percent growth factor over that period.

Great time to lump in.

RBS have plummeted over the last month. I forget I had them as I’d not had a dividend for years and it was only the cheque coming that reminded me. So I paid £70 to get a copy of the certificate and that’s when they started falling.

I’ve lost thousands on Centrica. I daren’t tell my mrs how much but hoping that Conn goes sooner rather than later and they seriously restructure. Thankfully Corbyn didn’t get in to ruin them even more.

Yesterday I transferred my pension out. Significant amounts. Bit nervous about it but as you it’s a good time to invest and I don’t plan on touching it for years unless the pound improves on the Euro and I might buy abroad.

I assume you're talking about your pension. If so you'll be able to. I have a few pensions as I moved jobs a bit earlier in my career, one of them automatically reduces the exposure to risk the closer you get to your retirement age.

Also, gold is seen as a safe haven at times like now, hence it's price rise, but it's also volatile. Look at the 52 week trading range on gold vs the FTSE 100. Percentage wise gold has moved considerably more. I personally wouldn't move from stocks & shares to gold if I was trying to avoid price fluctuations.

Down another 6% today. Could be time to lump in. There should be quite a few bargains at the moment, although I think I might hold off a few days. As soon as there's some certainty on Coronavirus (even if it's very bad) things should start to recover. The market hates uncertainty.

10% off S&S ISA so far, lumping in time is april when the new fiscal year starts, assuming we're still alive and functioning as a society of course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.