The FTSE

Seen well over 10% wiped off my pension fund in the past 10 days or so and I think it could drop a lot more yet.
Mine's taken a hit too, and I've only had it for six months. I spoke to my broker yesterday. He said not to worry, it will pick up again and all this will be forgotten in two years. In the meantime, he's moving all my funds to Unilever and Andrex / Kleenex.

It reflects the sad society we live in.... the impact of the coronavirus is most felt by some in falling share prices... I suspect there are more important impacts but can’t think what they are. Incidentally if I had shared I’d sell - and buy them back in a couple of months when the market is even lower. I did some work a few years ago helping set up the IAPT initiative and it was interesting how all the politicians could only relate to the impact on the economy of the mental health epidemic... the suffering of individuals just didn’t seem to register with them. As I sad we live a weird world.

Pity I am broke, would 100% buy some shares
Some valuations so cheap

They will suck you into their vacuum Pluto and spit you back out. Where is bottom and where is the top because if we knew that we would all be roasting our testis on a sun drenched beach in the Barb with a peenucklearder to hand and a brace of dancing girls. Bottom pickings's a dangerous old game and when Sean wakes from slumber he may elaborate further on this fascinating malady. Pandemic and fousands of dead in barrows and we could see the FTSE hitting sub 6,000 but if a long term punt was Team Game and I had a spare wedge I would drip feed in over a few months to average out the auntie and sit it out. But I don't gamble and have no need of the monkey in 10 or 15 years when I would be sat sitting n slurping Chateux De Brienne through a maccy-dee straw and blowing spit bubbles down my chin. Carp Diem and shout out those holiday deals as you see em... .... ..... What time is it !!!

The Time Is Now !

Ginger version

Blonde version

Edited for composition:

Last edited:
10% off S&S ISA in about a week is not pleasant, hopefully relatively short term and when it bottoms out it'll be april again and time to lump in more

It reflects the sad society we live in.... the impact of the coronavirus is most felt by some in falling share prices... I suspect there are more important impacts but can’t think what they are. Incidentally if I had shared I’d sell - and buy them back in a couple of months when the market is even lower. I did some work a few years ago helping set up the IAPT initiative and it was interesting how all the politicians could only relate to the impact on the economy of the mental health epidemic... the suffering of individuals just didn’t seem to register with them. As I sad we live a weird world.

I feel I must apologise for what I posted and yours is a far less selfish post but I note that even you said you’d sell up and buy them back when they’ve plummeted even lower so you ain’t kidding anyone mate ;)

Bought at 240 cheers.
My average is £2.41 on RBS. Sold my entire holding on Election Day thinking Labour may get back in. Bought back in to a rising market post election which broke my golden rule. Waiting until they hit £1.5 and then going back in for another 115,000 which will bring my average down with the forthcoming dividend to £2.01.It seems a little bit weird having a large shareholding but wanting the price to go further down so I can buy some more to lower my average price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.