United (a) post-match thread

Astonishing that fans can be accused of being small minded for wanting to beat their fierce local rivals.

What have we become ?

I would rather we put the entire under 21 side out against Arsenal,and a full strength side against the Rags.

But i am a small minded twat who sees beating the Rags as a major highlight of any season regardless of winning Silver.
It was an arrogant comment from a couple of tossers. If anything is small time it’s thinking a half-billion squad plus expensive manager don’t need turn up for games they don’t fancy. Even when they are big games for the supporter base. That attitude disrespects our history and it disrespects long-standing fans.

It was an arrogant comment from a couple of tossers. If anything is small time it’s thinking a half-billion squad plus expensive manager don’t need turn up for games they don’t fancy. That attitude disrespects our history.
There attitude also made things over the road a lot easier for them.

A very good chance of Champions League football next season, with it they maintain their sponsorship deals and finance.

Another season out of the Champions League would have been a total disaster for them.

Reactions were OTT last night and sad to see some still not giving up.

In the past 10 days;

2-1 away to Real Madrid
2-1 win in a Cup Final
1-0 win in the FA Cup 5th Round

Those are the three most important games of the season so far and we've won all 3.

Am I going to cry over a loss to the scum in a League we cannot win and in which we have nothing left to play for? No. Let them bask in the glory of a 5th place finish and a derby double - who actually will give a shit if we win a Cup double or even treble come the end of the season? Only the fans who care more about beating United than they do City.
it was the manner of the defeat,from team selection ( easy in hindsight i know ) to the lack of effort and drive
we beat villa and we were a shadow of what we know we can be,the same v wednesday and then that unarsedness yesterday,
I'll " give a shit " come the end of the season either way,cant forgive nor forget their lack of passion yesterday,most other games but not a derby.

They were bang average, mainly hopeful long balls for 'pace in space' and that has been a weakness for us particularly this season. Thought the team line-up and formation was a little strange but fine lines with the quickest 'close' VAR ever, Raheem's mis-kick, 2 mistakes from Eddie, dubious free-kick etc. Last third was poor but 9 times out of 10 we'd have drawn 0-0 or nicked it with key players rested or injured. Not surprised Tyler mentioned the 'non-corner' for us at Wembley at least twice but strangely said nothing about wealth or money for a change, maybe as he'd done his sums before the game and noticed they were £60 million + up on the starting line-up.....

That's making out it's a straight choice of trophies or beating utd and it doesn't have to be that way. The only reason we have a chance in Europe this year is because most big European sides are far from great at the moment like Barca and Real. Even so we'll need to improve hugely on many very average performances this season in what has been a poor title defence if we are to get close to winning it.
Well no mate it's not a straight choice but we can't win every single game - we were well beaten yesterday but we have something 10 games this month - if you had chosen one game to lose out of the last 4, any sane fan would have picked United.

There attitude also made things over the road a lot easier for them.

A very good chance of Champions League football next season, with it they maintain their sponsorship deals and finance.

Another season out of the Champions League would have been a total disaster for them.

I know I am on in a minority here, but Man United being in the CL is good for Manchester and I'd much rather them be in it than Chelsea.

Well no mate it's not a straight choice but we can't win every single game - we were well beaten yesterday but we have something 10 games this month - if you had chosen one game to lose out of the last 4, any sane fan would have picked United.

I know but for instance Walker hadn't played for 7 days. He didn't and shouldn't have played the slowest left back option he had available against their pace. Aguero ends up playing 3 games in a week and Mahrez only the easiest of the 3 at Wednesday so his rotation hardly makes sense. Jesus at 22 and one of the fittest players we have only started one game of the 3.

I am starting to wonder if the differences in age of our supporters, is the reason for difference in opinions.

Some really dont seem to give a shit,it was just a meaningless Premier League game.

Younger supporters will only really know City success.

Older Supporters like me suffered Years of abuse from our Rag neighbors.When we were shit,fuck me they let us know it.

This is the reason i savor every derby win.Bobby Manc gave me the 2 greatest days ever as a City fan the first Premier League Title and the 6-1.I only wish Pep got us like Bobby Manc did,then he would be the perfect manager.We saw that Banner ripped down,what a day.
I'm with you Sid.. This is going to take me some time to get over..Can't turn my phone on because of all the giddy rags.

I know I am on in a minority here, but Man United being in the CL is good for Manchester and I'd much rather them be in it than Chelsea.
fuck me
please
get an " unlike " option to click
jesus
you'd have thousands of " unlikes "
you serious ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.