COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your maths is based on the premise that 1% of people who get the virus will die. This is not backed up by any evidence. The death rate is currently calculated on confirmed cases. There is no record of unconfirmed cases.

Thank you. The BBC article i just linked spells it out.

On average 17000 die each year in the UK from Flu, thats 46 a day.

Pneumonia kills 30,000 a year.

Think of the numbers worldwide?

Often these people are those with existing serious medical conditions and at the end of natural life but due to the nature of the viruses they contract, they become lethal.

Medical experts have consistently stated that the vast majority of those infected, symptoms will be mild and recovery quick with no lasting effects and i will live my life accordingly knowing that i might never get it, if i do i should recover in the same way i do every other virus i have ever had and if i dont then there is nothing i could do anyway, nor medical science and that sadly, i have been unlucky.

Sorry but that kind of common sense approach isn't allowed on here anymore. The fact that in the last three months a total of less than 5000 people across the world have sadly died from this virus compared to the 170,000 people who die of cancer every year and 30,000 extra people who will die of normal flu in the UK in a bad winter is to be completely ignored.

You should realise bleinsa that those figures are totally irrelevant as they just make the headlines much less scary than they should be.

You should realise that on this thread we must only look at the worst death rates available in the worst affected area and then extrapolate that worse case multiplier to the entire UK population.

Then to top that off we must also make sure that everyone knows, if they were in any doubt, that the NHS will simply not be able to cope as well as some tin pot health service in some developing country and only 500,000 of us will die. If we are lucky that is!!

We are all doomed I tell you doomed!

Your maths is based on the premise that 1% of people who get the virus will die. This is not backed up by any evidence. The death rate is currently calculated on confirmed cases. There is no record of unconfirmed cases.
Nope. The current death rate is 3.4%. (Higher in Italy).

The hope is that it may only be as low as 1% after the unconfirmed cases are taken into account.

Again, the rate you quote is of confirmed cases. People who's symptoms are strong enough to merit testing. The vast majority of people with the virus have not been tested and are not included in the statistics.

Never will be and within a short time frame testing altogether will stop because it is of no use and that was from a medical expert in the field yesterday on interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.