Best performance by a visiting team

That's right, but even after the last minute equalizer, Dortmund had a couple of 1v1 chances, which Hart saved magnificently.
There was also the game when Pep's Bayern went down to 10 men before battering us for about 75 minutes.
Somehow, we were only losing 2-1 before Aguero took control.
I do remember that match. City won a penalty and Bayern had a player sent off early on. Pep responded by making Neuer play as a sweeper-keeper and they dominated the midfield to go 2-1.

Bayern were tiring towards the end. I needed a toilet break and just arrived back on time to see Agüero clean through to equalise. He repeated it a couple of minutes later. I bet those who left early were annoyed.

83-84 season chasing promotion we’d been clinging to the coattails of the top 3 for most of the season. Newcastle who were above us came to Maine Road in a game we had to win and in front of a massive crowd absolutely played us off the park inspired by Kevin Keegan. It was a crushing disappointment.

Fat Sam Bolton side when they beat us 1-0 with a Gary Speed penalty. They had two posts and a crossbar playing for them that day and they were phononemial.
Almost as impressive as that Boro team that was so good they beat us without any of their players having to bother to shoot.

West Ham (on Saturday 21 March 1970) beat a very good City team 5-1 at Maine Road. The City team had won the League Championship, the FA Cup and the League Cup in less than two years and were on their way to winning the European Cup Winners Cup. However, they were ripped apart by an excellent West Ham side including Jimmy Greaves on his debut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.