Best performance by a visiting team

Dortmund for sure. Gotze was at his peak as a young superstar. Absolutely ran the show.

That same season, Ronaldo's performance at our place for Madrid in the 1-1 stands out too. He literally glided through our lads time and time again. Seem to remember some good banter between him and our fans too over in the corner.

Fat Sam Bolton side when they beat us 1-0 with a Gary Speed penalty. They had two posts and a crossbar playing for them that day and they were phononemial.

Pretty sure we hit the woodwork around five times that game.

May have been Dunne who gave the pen away towards the end of the game.

Another vote for Dormund. Thought of that game immediately and pleased somehow thats lots of people agree.

In all football Ive ever watched Joe Hart has the two best goalkeeping performances. That night and against Barcelona away 2015.

Dortmund. I think I posted on here that City should have bought Reus, I was super impressed with him. Then he got injured.

Chelsea at Maine Road in 88/89. The match was billed as a championship decider but in reality Chelsea played us off the park. The final score was 2-3 which suggests a close game but it was anything but. Clearest memory is their left back Dorigo running more than half the length of the pitch to score.

The Arsenal match stuck with me for a long time.
I never thought we would be able to perform like they did in the first half of that game.
I always remember our gallows humour in the 2nd half though. Wenger decided to bring on Henry and another cannot remember who and the crowd broke out into a chorus of "Wenger's scraping the barrel...Na na na na na"

I was at the Liverpool 5-0 as well. Sammy Lee's 40yrd free kick, feck me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.