Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Two biggest and most influential English clubs won't like the league ended, so I don't think it will happen. Maybe some temporary suspension.

Liverpool were waiting 30 years to win the league, they are very close to it and they'll fight their lives to not have a void season. Rags are very close to top 4 place too and they won't want void season too as it would mean another year without CL.
Well united wouldn’t like pool lifting the cup or would they

Christ. So that’s a Chelsea player and Arsenal manager testing positive with three Leicester players and Mendy waiting results. Can’t help thinking the Govt estimate of 10,000 infected UK wide is either seriously underestimating the problem or elite footballers are just very unlucky.
Footballers travel around a lot, including to worse-affected countries. They also have constant contact with medical staff (especially Mendy) so they're more likely to know if they have it or might have it.

They'll suspend the league either for a couple of weeks or 'until further notice' most likely. That'll give them time to see how it goes, but when it inevitably doesn't get any better, we might see a cancellation later on. There's no way they're going to say "a few players are injured, right lets void the league and start again next year." But look at it this way, this just prolongs the hope for Liverpool fans.

Far, far too many people on here gloating about the virus taking away the possibility of Liverpool winning the league. This thing will/already has caused the loss of thousands of lives. If I could swap one lost life for Liverpool winning the league I'd happily accept every second of every day of my life.
I must admit that I've laughed about it myself, British gallows humour I suppose, but you are 100% correct.

Life is far more important and as I've already said previously, a lot of us may lose loved ones, or even our own lives during the course of this pandemic.

Far, far too many people on here gloating about the virus taking away the possibility of Liverpool winning the league. This thing will/already has caused the loss of thousands of lives. If I could swap one lost life for Liverpool winning the league I'd happily accept every second of every day of my life.

Everyone would, unless someone is utter idiot.

But when it already happened, Liverpool not winning the title would be one small positive thing of all this shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.