Best performance by a visiting team

I honestly thought the 0-0 away at spurs was his debut!! Old age has def kicked in :)

spurs was his first game back after being on loan at Birmingham. Big debate beforehand as to whether he or Given would play. Hart established himself as number one in that game and the rest is history

The European teams have always been better than ANY English side we have faced.

Napoli and Dortmund were both class at our place.

Bayern under Pep.

We've played Barcelona a few times and it's been men vs boys.
That Bayern team was incredible. Typical Pep team we couldn't even get close to them and frustrated the life out of you not seen the ball for ages. I suppose that's how teams feel now playing City.

Remember arsenal taking us apart at the Etihad and just having to applaud some of their players for it. Think they did it a few times in those days, can't remember the exact one unfortunately.

Other one that sticks in my mind was when we had Valencia over for a friendly. David Silva and David Villa, looked a very exciting and attacking team.

Not read the whole thread but Dortmund were brilliant and there were some great performances by the dippers in the 70s/80s and Arsenal more recently.
However I'll add another: Legia Warsaw in 80/81, I think it was linked to Deyna's transfer. They beat us 2-1 in Warsaw during the previous season and then turned up at Maine Road to administer a football lesson to the tune of 5-1. They were so far ahead it was unbelievable. I'm not sure whether it was early in the season under Big Mal or after John Bond took over.

What was the name of that supersub that Liverpool had in the seventies? I remember going to that match. We were just about holding on against them, then they brought him on in the last fifteen minutes or so. He scored three goals in about ten minutes, and nearly a couple of others. He was a ginge, but I can't for the life of me get his name back. Never made a particularly good career in the end, funnily enough. He was only really good as a sub.
I remember we all walked away from the Kippax in a sort of daze, as if we'd been blitzed.
I have to say that I thought Leicester's performance against us during their title winning year was outstanding. I really did keep saying for fuck's sake Mahrez.

Dortmund with their style and atmosphere created by fans were pretty special.

Napoli and title winning Leicester side are notable mentions

Fans applauding the opposing teams performance... what's that? Isn't the typical response... "You're cheating I'm going home :(..." ?

What was the name of that supersub that Liverpool had in the seventies? I remember going to that match. We were just about holding on against them, then they brought him on in the last fifteen minutes or so. He scored three goals in about ten minutes, and nearly a couple of others. He was a ginge, but I can't for the life of me get his name back. Never made a particularly good career in the end, funnily enough. He was only really good as a sub.
I remember we all walked away from the Kippax in a sort of daze, as if we'd been blitzed.
I have to say that I thought Leicester's performance against us during their title winning year was outstanding. I really did keep saying for fuck's sake Mahrez.

Fairclough

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.