Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Matches scheduled between April 5 and May 17 are set to stay in place, with the games that need to be rescheduled fitted in elsewhere rather than restarting in the first week of April with the matches that has been cancelled for this weekend

Football authorities in England and Europe are braced for a total shutdown of the game until at least September, amid fears that scores of clubs could go out of business and the sport could be sent into meltdown

@spbajko

On a slightly different theme, what happens to those who pay a substantial amount of money each month to have Sky Sports, BT Sports and so on.

You're effectively paying for a service but not currently getting anything in return.

Would people be entitled to a reduced fee, or even cancel their subscription altogether as there may not be sport of any kind for months.

Executives have flagged issues: - More players contracting COVID-19 during the shutdown - Need to protect integrity by ensuring all clubs return at the same time - There are 69 Premier League players out of contract on June 30, raises further integrity issues

In players' contracts negotiated through the PFA there is an option for expiring deals to be extended by 28 days in an emergency, but only if parties agree

Several agents will demand longer or inflated contracts for their players to re-sign in such circumstances however, particularly if they have better offers from other clubs, which could lead to stand-offs with their employers

Premier League clubs have agreed to meet again next week to discuss in proper detail how they finish the current season. Precise answers will be drawn up at a meeting two days' after the UEFA meeting on Tuesday

The planned launch of a Premier League Hall of Fame, scheduled for next Thursday, has been postponed until a later date.

@MailSport

Is the PL season definitely done TH or does it ride on if UEFA cancel this season's CL?

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I'd say the percentage is higher on Uefa calling an end to European comps.

The Premier League are an absolute disgrace on this one. They are dithering because Liverpool are so far ahead and are still hoping for an out.

The players will have the final say and there will be enough rightly concerned to call it quits this season.

They are expensive commodities and can afford to sit it out for as long as needs be, rather than put their health and that of their families at risk.

I have been appalled today by the narrative and topic of conversation by the usual suspects in our media.

All asking how games can continue, from a fiscal point of view.

Thousands of people already dead and we ain't even in the eye of the hurricane in this country yet.

How many deaths are acceptable for others to find their moral fucking compass?

I'm probably out of work now for the foreseeable future, it will certainly be a testing few months ahead for me and my family.

You know what, I couldn't give a fuck. All I am focused on is keeping my family now healthy and safe.

Hoping people can get by and protect those they love.

Everything else, certainly football, means Jack shit.

On a slightly different theme, what happens to those who pay a substantial amount of money each month to have Sky Sports, BT Sports and so on.

You're effectively paying for a service but not currently getting anything in return.

Would people be entitled to a reduced fee, or even cancel their subscription altogether as there may not be sport of any kind for months.
I've seen people on here and elsewhere posting that Sky at least are very accommodating if you've got a Sky Sports sub that's still within minimum term.

Truly hope your mum stays well and healthy my friend, I am absolutely sure you are keeping a keen eye on her. My father in law is 87, fit an well for his age bless him, love him to bits. Me and the missus finally got through to him to let us shop online for him or get the stiff for him. My daughter just come back last weekend from Italy precautionary self isolating she couldn't have it on her our conscience if she infected him even though she's fit and healthy. I wish you and your mum well Millwall. God bless.

Cheers. She has COPD and takes so much medication now that I have no doubt this will finish her off if it gets her. She is staying in and we are limiting our visits but she gets very lonely so what do you do? My sister is a Teacher too so not ideal in terms of risk. It’s pretty scary for her. That’s why I just can’t bring myself to be arsed about who wins the league etc.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I'd say the percentage is higher on Uefa calling an end to European comps.

The Premier League are an absolute disgrace on this one. They are dithering because Liverpool are so far ahead and are still hoping for an out.

The players will have the final say and there will be enough rightly concerned to call it quits this season.

They are expensive commodities and can afford to sit it out for as long as needs be, rather than put their health and that of their families at risk.

I have been appalled today by the narrative and topic of conversation by the usual suspects in our media.

All asking how games can continue, from a fiscal point of view.

Thousands of people already dead and we ain't even in the eye of the hurricane in this country yet.

How many deaths are acceptable for others to find their moral fucking compass?

I'm probably out of work now for the foreseeable future, it will certainly be a testing few months ahead for me and my family.

You know what, I couldn't give a fuck. All I am focused on is keeping my family now healthy and safe.

Hoping people can get by and protect those they love.

Everything else, certainly football, means Jack shit.
Respect pal well put

I’ll be phoning sky tomorrow to postpone my sky sports package until the games start up again,it’s the only reason I take the package well apart from F1 and the odd bit of golf,but the F1 has now been suspended as well..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.