COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the performance of someone under the influence or who was losing it, and who could only be exposed to people for a short period.
Gets question - doesn't answer it, but talks of himself, or slates the Federal Reserve again.
Gets question - doesn't answer it, but says how great everything is, and that it's other people's fault (he managed not to insult the Democrats though)
Wanders off, and on the third attempt manages to leave.

Then Pence steps up, and the difference in clarity is night and day.

Reporter: are you going to extend the travel ban to the UK?
Trump: we're thinking about it

five minutes later...
Pence: the travel ban will be extended to the UK on Monday night

It's almost as if he can't remember.
I said during his press conference last night that even for him — and that is a very low standard, mind — he looked and sounded weak, bumbling, and unfocused. He usually struggles to read anything and often sounds like he is pissed when speaking for long periods but he was especially slurring his words last night and today and having trouble understanding the simple questions posed to him.

It’s complete conjecture, of course, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was actually sick. May not even be the novel coronavirus, just a cold or the flu, which for someone in his poor health state and constant stress levels would still be very problematic. Now add to that his supposedly heading the response to a viral outbreak and you can see why they would try to manage it to make it seem like he is fine.

It will be interesting to see how much we see or hear of him over the next few days. Though, I still think reports that he has a few people that post on his twitter account in his “voice” are probably true so his twitter presence would remain fairly consistent whilst Pence would take over more of the public coordination duties.

Been pub am I terminally stupid ?
If you’ve been to the Birch Villa then probably as it’s not been called that for 20 years and was shut down 3 or 4 years ago.
But in reality I’ve no idea how stupid you are, I’ve never met you. I was talking about people like the person urban genie saw who won’t take basic precautions because he said he’s going to die one day anyway.

Well first time for everything

That was the point of the comment.

No one was having a go at going to the pub, but the lack of people washing hands, sanitizing or even recognising the dangers.

I have been to a pub today and followed all the necessary precautions.

Those that haven't are morons in my opinion.

I said during his press conference last night that even for him — and that is a very low standard, mind — he looked and sounded weak, bumbling, and unfocused. He usually struggles to read anything and often sounds like he is pissed when speaking for long periods but he was especially slurring his words last night and today and having trouble understanding the simple questions posed to him.

It’s complete conjecture, of course, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was actually sick. May not even be the novel coronavirus, just a cold or the flu, which for someone in his poor health state and constant stress levels would still be very problematic. Now add to that his supposedly heading the response to a viral outbreak and you can see why they would try to manage it to make it seem like he is fine.

It will be interesting to see how much we see or hear of him over the next few days. Though, I still think reports that he has a few people that post on his twitter account in his “voice” are probably true so his twitter presence would remain fairly consistent whilst Pence would take over more of the public coordination duties.
I am told he is interested in only 2 things; his approval ratings and the Dow Jones. Given that the latter has been up and down like a whore's draws over the last week, I can imagine it's taking its toll.

Had to postpone our honeymoon yesterday so gutted about that after booking it 2 year ago. Managed to push it back to end of September so not too bad

Wedding next Friday and shitting it right now. Could lose the lot of it if one of us picks the virus up. Family from abroad (including the mrs dad and brother) might not be able to get over either. Right shit at the moment, but at least we have our health (at the moment anyway). The mrs suffers from very bad anxiety and it’s making her unwell with all the worrying.

Have a great day and watch out for the smart Alec teenager who starts coughing like mad during the church service for a laugh ;-) as long as your misses turns up that’s all that matters

I think he's ill, but didn't really sound like he had a cold or similar to me.

There really was no need for him to be there today, and he was in bomber jacket mode, not suit and tie, as if that was all there was time for.

At least Pence will stay on the topic and not indulge in pointscoring.

Wales has already cancelled all non emergency surgery cases until further notice Expect England and Scotland to follow.

All at risk groups hospital wards to be closed to visitors except, direct partners, mother/father etc

Yes, we're following suit as Wales.

Been discussed not to arrange surgeries for anyone not high 'urgent' or cancers'.

No such electives past the first week in April and possibly (likely) to cancel before then.

Had to postpone our honeymoon yesterday so gutted about that after booking it 2 year ago. Managed to push it back to end of September so not too bad

Wedding next Friday and shitting it right now. Could lose the lot of it if one of us picks the virus up. Family from abroad (including the mrs dad and brother) might not be able to get over either. Right shit at the moment, but at least we have our health (at the moment anyway). The mrs suffers from very bad anxiety and it’s making her unwell with all the worrying.
You'll probably both feel a lot better if you stay away from the doom mongers on here - undoubtedly things will get a lot worse before they get better but 99% of those unfortunate enough to catch this virus will recover and for the vast majority of those it will be a mild illness. Let's hope the government strategy will protect vulnerable groups and keep overall infection levels as low as possible, No country in the world is projected to have more than 10% of their population being affected or a mortality rate in excess of 1% and current data suggests that nowhere will.

That was the point of the comment.

No one was having a go at going to the pub, but the lack of people washing hands, sanitizing or even recognising the dangers.

I have been to a pub today and followed all the necessary precautions.

Those that haven't are morons in my opinion.
Joking apart the bit ov advice we have been given is not hard to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.