COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a great day and watch out for the smart Alec teenager who starts coughing like mad during the church service for a laugh ;-) as long as your misses turns up that’s all that matters

Cheers pal. Yeah that’s pretty much what we have said, but I know she will be absolutely gutted if her dad can’t get over to walk her down the aisle

If you’ve been to the Birch Villa then probably as it’s not been called that for 20 years and was shut down 3 or 4 years ago.
But in reality I’ve no idea how stupid you are, I’ve never met you. I was talking about people like the person urban genie saw who won’t take basic precautions because he said he’s going to die one day anyway.
You will always come across knobs like that all you can do is follow advice yourself

Had to postpone our honeymoon yesterday so gutted about that after booking it 2 year ago. Managed to push it back to end of September so not too bad

Wedding next Friday and shitting it right now. Could lose the lot of it if one of us picks the virus up. Family from abroad (including the mrs dad and brother) might not be able to get over either. Right shit at the moment, but at least we have our health (at the moment anyway). The mrs suffers from very bad anxiety and it’s making her unwell with all the worrying.

Best wishes that it all goes well.
The government's numbers a day or two back was a high of 1/6000 people - that's a very low chance it'll come your way. Not that stats are helpful if you're on the wrong end, but that's a low chance even as a high point.

You'll probably both feel a lot better if you stay away from the doom mongers on here - undoubtedly things will get a lot worse before they get better but 99% of those unfortunate enough to catch this virus will recover and for the vast majority of those it will be a mild illness. Let's hope the government strategy will protect vulnerable groups and keep overall infection levels as low as possible, No country in the world is projected to have more than 10% of their population being affected or a mortality rate in excess of 1% and current data suggests that nowhere will.
Where do you get your 10% figure from?

That was the point of the comment.

No one was having a go at going to the pub, but the lack of people washing hands, sanitizing or even recognising the dangers.

I have been to a pub today and followed all the necessary precautions.

Those that haven't are morons in my opinion.
I think at his point those that consistently (we’ll all have lapses now and then) *chose* not to take simple steps to optimise personal hygiene (the most basic of precautions) are more than morons.

That does not include those that may not be in a position to optimise personal hygiene, such as people who cannot afford the continual purchase of cleaning agents required to do it properly (or do not have steady access to them) and those with disabilities preventing personal care — they are not *chosing* to avoid these steps.

But those that are wilfully ignoring basic government, WHO, and general health guidance are criminally negligent at best.

I won’t say what they are at worst.

Luckily, I still think those people are a small minority overall.

Zaragoza and Barcelona apparently soon to follow.

Not the bars, of course, but some of the shops closing is making it a nightmare to plan for care for several of the older members of my family, especially in Zaragoza where they can’t move about very far and most of the younger members live quite far away.

Aquilas, near me, barricaded no in or out.

Madridelinos fled to holiday homes and brought something with them.

Just to add a bit of relief to the doom and gloom when do people think the number of people testing positive in the UK will overtake the number of posts on this thread. Currently it’s 1140 and this is post number 9961.

I am told he is interested in only 2 things; his approval ratings and the Dow Jones. Given that the latter has been up and down like a whore's draws over the last week, I can imagine it's taking its toll.

The media are gunning hard for him now, from both left and right, they can smell blood imo. He won't survive another term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.