COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Your post asked someone to provide a nation that is controlling it and how. So I did.

My personal view is that the virus at least needs to be contained. If they want it to spread through the population to create immunity then do it, but at least stop people coming from elsewhere which could potentially make it even worse.

agree with last bit .

so you think we should lock everyone in the nation inside for weeks on end and indeed in some cases welded into flats . That’s the response the govt should be doing here in the UK ?

Germany may have a better health system so their death rate is lower , Italy may have higher percentage of older people but what strategy are other govts employing which you would like to see here to control the spread. What are we doing so badly.

Comms/messaging mainly. Said consistently that our approach isn’t that different from the approach on the continent who have been equally slow on this but we are fouling up on communication.

In terms of practical steps Germany may have ordered 10,000 ventilators but they only did it a few days ago so not exactly rushing. Equally we have Hancock making a plea today for more ventilators. Just bloody order them then. And if we are taking steps to meet potential demand then tell us what the steps are. Be positive and keep it simple and clear.

The thread’s descending into a shit throwing contest. I’m taking a break from it to see family. Wouldn’t be a bad idea for one or two others to do likewise and calm down in the meantime.

Maybe if you don’t want threads decending into a shit throwing contest you shouldn’t throw shit!!

How are you doing Karen

Interested to know how someone diagnosed is
I am much better now,the acute phase was really grim,it was a step foward and 2 back for a while,had 2 emergency treatments and i am on a second antibiotic for my chest,i am now just wiped out,i don't have a huge amount of energy at the best of times and the coughing is carrying on
I feel lucky i had it early before the backlog started and 111 were brilliant and got me help quickly,bear in mind i am not well normally so the fit amongst you will only get a mild version

Comms/messaging mainly. Said consistently that our approach isn’t that different from the approach on the continent who have been equally slow on this but we are fouling up on communication.

In terms of practical steps Germany may have ordered 10,000 ventilators but they only did it a few days ago so not exactly rushing. Equally we have Hancock making a plea today for more ventilators. Just bloody order them then. And if we are taking steps to meet potential demand then tell us what the steps are. Be positive and keep it simple and clear.

that’s fair enough , the scientists are clearer than Boris that’s for sure. I reckon there will be more direction this week re gatherings and schools and the elderly.

you were specifically making comments on govt policy , you said there is no clear leadership from the govt.

So tell us which country is showing the rest of the world how to get a grip on this virus?

it’s easy to criticise the govts response if you hate the govt, but it would just be nice if someone could point to another nation or nations who seem to be doing so much better a job than the uk . The chief scientist and medical officer have been impressive

and before someone says I am a Tory, the govt got it badly wrong on the flight situation allowing flights from affected areas unchecked was wrong and by now they should have made a formal announcement on public gatherings so I can be critical as well , but I expect these are doing in in the coming days.
However I still don’t see a country leading the way showing us how to control this thing.
I would say Taiwan did a very good job. Considering they were one of the countries most highly considered to be affected. Millions of people flying between there and China yet only about 50 cases. They changed how they communicated, and took stark measures immediately.

It's not a policy Karen it's the inevitable outcome when the epidemic has run its course.

Your steadfast denial of last weeks discussion on ‘herd immunity’ as the reason why we were not taking immediate steps to restrict large gatherings and for people to carry on as normal is undaunted in the face of everyone telling you to the contrary I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.