COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s bad in Italy.

China ?

China locked down an entire nation. And it’s a big one. The numbers there are rising but nothing in comparison to the rest of the world.

Italy is different. They have the highest population of over 65s in Europe and that is skewing their figures. They had also had a nationwide bout of flu just before this thing landed, there may well have been some cross over.

Germany appear to be doing ok to, I suspect that owes to the quality of their health system.

we seem to need a facts thread, because this has just turned into partisan twaddle that should be in the politics sub-forum.
Yes, this is something we’ve discussed recently. It might be worth starting a separate thread in the politics forum regarding the government’s response to Coronavirus and try to keep this one free of political arguments.

Seems too many people don’t understand the difference between linear and exponential growth. It should become clear within a couple of weeks.

That's it. Deaths will go from thousands to tens of thousands within several weeks. The expected lethal outcomes in the USA alone are hundreds of thousands over the next 12 months or so.

China locked down an entire nation. And it’s a big one. The numbers there are rising but nothing in comparison to the rest of the world.

Italy is different. They have the highest population of over 65s in Europe and that is skewing their figures. They had also had a nationwide bout of flu just before this thing landed, there may well have been some cross over.

Germany appear to be doing ok to, I suspect that owes to the quality of their health system.

so you think we should lock everyone in the nation inside for weeks on end and indeed in some cases welded into flats . That’s the response the govt should be doing here in the UK ?

Germany may have a better health system so their death rate is lower , Italy may have higher percentage of older people but what strategy are other govts employing which you would like to see here to control the spread. What are we doing so badly.

Last edited:
And that is shocking and down to underfunded services which as ypu say then bean count and you were treated badly and should have been seen to imediately

I just don't think a national newpaper editor should be advocating the death of elderly citizens because of the economical side or the arguement.
I agree regarding newspaper editors but frankly most City supporters have little regard for their biased, loaded, fake news so it comes as no surprise how low they can sink.
Incidentally my problem happened at hospital level with a consultant who simply refuted the findings of Manchester Royal as alarmist and an interference.
Hopefully my experience is not typical of the NHS but they simply have to prioritise when demand exceeds supply and in my case I feel my age coloured his judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.