COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of people who have died after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK has risen by 14.

There are now a total of 35 victims.

It comes as the health secretary told Sky News that over-70s would be asked to self-isolate "in the coming weeks" and America added Britons to a ban on travellers from Europe.

Bristol Royal Infirmary said one of the deaths was a patient there in his late-50s who had underlying health conditions.

In Wales, health authorities confirmed 34 new cases on Sunday, bringing the country's total to 94.

Gone from 80's to 50's age group

we are on lockdown here, if you aint in the country by sunday you aint getting in! there are many north americans here on vacation and I have no idea how they will get home, only 1 deaths though, a woman who had been in Spain.

That last part beggars belief. The greatest threat this country has faced in many of our generations and only a select few should be privy to the latest information. Unfuckingbelievable.

I don't get leaking stuff the robert peston.

As he is a terrible political journalist at best, love to sensationalize things, he would be the last one I would leak anything to

Last edited:
I wonder if we've already had this and we weren't aware, before and over Christmas at varying times 6 of my immediate family including myself had the symptoms described for this virus, we all had it for differing periods but all had high temperature, sore throats and coughs, the younger of us seemed to be OK within 3-5days, the older family members struggled to shift it though and it hung around them for a month or so, none of us recieved any medical treatment just went along with usual advice for colds and flu, the mother in law and father in law did struggle to shift it though
I think lot of people had similar symptoms and like you say shrugged it off as seasonal cold/ flu like symptoms. Add to that the incredibly mild but wet winter- if we did have it least it shows our immunity was reasonable for now

Yes, this is something we’ve discussed recently. It might be worth starting a separate thread in the politics forum regarding the government’s response to Coronavirus and try to keep this one free of political arguments.

please do Ric whatever modeling system you are using for these decisions should give you an indentical match to the Brexit thread
I wonder if we've already had this and we weren't aware, before and over Christmas at varying times 6 of my immediate family including myself had the symptoms described for this virus, we all had it for differing periods but all had high temperature, sore throats and coughs, the younger of us seemed to be OK within 3-5days, the older family members struggled to shift it though and it hung around them for a month or so, none of us recieved any medical treatment just went along with usual advice for colds and flu, the mother in law and father in law did struggle to shift it though

You should definitely have antibodies by now see if you can get a test and you may be in a better place with some immunity - although the information I have on this reinfection issue is patchy at best on this.

ha everyone will do it now but it is fast becoming the only option

You can get right up into the crevis though without the paper breaking.

I mean that’s just disaster when that happens.

Get sick of licking my fingers clean after a while.

Karen, read it again.
"
"We think this virus is likely to be one that comes year on year, becomes like a seasonal virus," he told Sky News.

"Communities will become immune to it and that's going to be an important part of controlling this longer term.

"About 60% is the sort of figure you need to get herd immunity.""

that is not the same as saying the current plans aim is to use herd immunity.

They have been clear about the strategy and where we are in it and why it's the strategy and how extreme the measures will become and why they are not doing everything right now.
Exactly, it was all explained in the press conference. People who clearly didn’t see it banging on about the government not doing the right thing is extremely irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.