COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A further 14 people have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus in England, bringing the total number of fatalities in the UK to 71.

If you need a job

Supermarket giant Morrisons is creating 3,500 new jobs as it expands its home delivery service to cope with soaring demand amid the coronavirus crisis.

The chain said it would be recruiting around 2,500 pickers and drivers to expand its online delivery, while it will also be hiring about 1,000 people to work in its distribution centres
Where are they going to recruit them from? If this epidemic continues we will be in lock down by next week and if it doesn't get as bad as feared they'll soon lay them off. Unless they get Laura Ashley vans to deliver

Where are they going to recruit them from? If this epidemic continues we will be in lock down by next week and if it doesn't get as bad as feared they'll soon lay them off. Unless they get Laura Ashley vans to deliver
There are plenty of young fit healthy people out there who can still work no problem

Awaiting Boris to come out to speak

I genuinely think the EFL will be down to below 50 teams by the end of the season unless the Premier League puts its hand in its pocket.

It’s a fucking disgrace if not. The top 6 could keep the entirety of L1 and L2 afloat easily.

Jesus, Sir Patrick Vallance saying they hope to keep the deaths below 20,000. Sounds really grim when you think we're 'only' at 69 deaths.

Testing needs to be ramped up massively, just over 1900 positive tests just isn't even close.

I think I read somewhere that Swine Flu was expected to claim 260,000 lives but it claimed 457. Still bad of course.

It’s a fucking disgrace if not. The top 6 could keep the entirety of L1 and L2 afloat easily.

It depends how bad it gets. They can afford to bail out all 71 teams. If it's half of league 2 and league 1 sides then it might be feasible, but the championship clubs involve much bigger numbers and are some of the most on the edge.

There are plenty of young fit healthy people out there who can still work no problem

Awaiting Boris to come out to speak
You need a special driving licence part for those vehicles unless you passed your test before a certain time. That's why these supermarket delivery drivers are of a more mature age

My son is due to get married next week, the venue refused any refund (several thousand pounds) for a cancellation or even a postponement.
Of the guests, several over 70's with diabetes, heart issues, crohn's etc., all advised to stay away. Several overseas guest who can't travel. Half a dozen kids with snotty noses and god knows what else. Even brides father (his only child) and me (my only son) are on the recommended no-go list. Some are saying just sod it, we all go and take our chances.

Just returned from local Tesco. Staff removing excessive items from some shopper's trollies. Big sign by the milk cabinet "2 Bottles Only", then some woman grabbing 8 and arguing with staff.
Some people's greed and selfishness!
Had the full amount been paid to the venue for the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.