COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep that bit was interesting,he also said he can go further with shutting things down,i wanted him to be less polite ages ago,i think he is trying to balance everything,he looked completely out of his death since the start,just as well the medical bods come across calm and in control

I'm glad someone recognizes there is far more to balance here, while at the same time juggling across a tightrope.

i for one welcome the approach, right or wrong, i see it better for us all and for society long term, than the extremities many are calling for.

Sure, it is a risk trusting the public to follow advice, and a gamble leaving them with choices to make. But the full lockdown martial law scenario that many are calling for is a terrible situation to be in, horrible for morale, stress and anxiety, not to mention the economy.

I have no intention of ignoring the advice, of course im disappointed that some/many will still go to pubs and places, but thats a choice they still have as grown up human beings, many likewise won't. People here calling for it all to be shut, but then talking abou having lots of friends over, like theres a fucking difference!

that time and those measures are ptobably coming, i am surprised to see how many are so eager for them. They wont be pleasant, nor short, this is a long haul, and i welcome the gradual loss of normality boris is trying to softly bring.

Just had a bit of a row with a neighbour who just walked in the door( thats normal) for a cup of tea with my Mrs.
My partner had COPD and i said she shouldnt really be going around visiting folk for tea.
She had her tea then stormed out, caused a row between my partner and i.
Huge overeaction by me or understandable ?

You're spot on. The tough love approach is the kindest thing you can do for them at the moment.

Something is not right though mate. According to Whitty and co, we had between 5,000 and 10,000 unregistered cases in the UK 1 week ago. On that basis, we'd have maybe 30,000 or so now. Let's say they were wrong and we have 60,000. That is 0.1% of the population. 999 people out of 1,000 uninfected.

That doesn't stack up with what we are seeing, does it? I mean there's 2 people (at least) on this very forum with it. There's loads of people in the media have it. It seems way more than 1 in 1,000, doesn't it?

one thing I can think of ( based on dr Campbell’s videos ) is they recon 70% of china’s cases were the new strain. They did say say that one was more deadly but if it hit after lock down then it’s confined mostly to family groups so not a lot of community spread, hence not finding it much in the community?

It is odd how what we see does seem to contradict the WHO.

And I'll keep updating this, but I've been tracking Italian deaths for a few days and there does definitely seem to be a downward trend here. Not in the numbers of deaths per day, which is still going up. But the number of deaths as a percentage of total, does appear to be falling. This is somewhat encouraging at least.

It's what we would expect to happen given the measures taken. Spain probably has another 7 days growth during which deaths will hit 3,000 and then a decline.

UK? Who knows. Depends on Boris. If he carries on being vague the numbers will supercede Spain and Italy.

Just had a bit of a row with a neighbour who just walked in the door( thats normal) for a cup of tea with my Mrs.
My partner had COPD and i said she shouldnt really be going around visiting folk for tea.
If it takes upsetting a few then so be it you are spot on

Some woman on the news in a piece about social distancing in other countries and the lack of it here has just said nothing much has changed for her because if they follow advice they’re giving in to it. “It” being a virus that doesn’t understand the concept of defiance. Some people deserve to die.
At school today we told Year 11 it was to be their last day of school. So they all started huddling round and signing each others shirts, swapping the same pens between each other, the girls hugging each other while crying and the lads giving each other high fives and hugs. When they were told to stop and remember social distancing and they were dispersed, they just carried it on outside the school gates!

Some Manchester students on the news this morning “ we’re just going out , everyone’s still going clubbing , it’s just the flu , we’re carrying on “
You can’t advise the people in this country there’s too many selfish thick cnuts , should shut all pubs clubs & restaurants immediately . Gatherings of 5 people maximum . Our rulers are slow bungling fools & people will die because of their inaction .

Mate you're spot on but again there's so many mixed messages a lot of people haven't a clue what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.