COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain's new cases are massively down if the figures on worldometer are correct. they have it as 1,903 when it was 3,308 yesterday.

I hope that that is genuine. That would be the first sign of it braking but it might not be accurate.

It's only one day's data and could end up being wrong but at the moment they are showing a big fall in the number of new cases which is exactly what everyone is looking for. If its true, expect the media to pick up on it.

Well considering the extra travelling and stress I arrived home from the canaries on weds evening and yesterday felt fantastic but today I feel proper wierd and sickly so just waiting to see what evolves.

Put it this way, my girlfriend works for the nhs and is pregnant. She has been self isolating due to recommendations from Boris and her midwife, even more so because she has asthma too.

she has been called today telling her she has to return to work. Whilst Boris is saying pregnant people should stay at home, until there is any legislation change then it cannot be forced. So she’s been told she needs to return straight to work, if she passes the spray test she will be sent straight to the corona virus ward at stepping hill. It’s all an absolute shambles from top to bottom.

on medical advice she is absent from work. Do they want a doctor’s note? Or are they threatening to sack her if she doesn’t disregard government and medical advice and come back into work?

Spain's new cases are massively down if the figures on worldometer are correct. they have it as 1,903 when it was 3,308 yesterday.

I hope that that is genuine. That would be the first sign of it braking but it might not be accurate.

Not sure what procedure Spain follows when declaring figures but other countries - including the UK - aren't always announcing them all in one go each day. Hopefully that's Spain's final figure for today

on medical advice she is absent from work. Do they want a doctor’s note? Or are they threatening to sack her if she doesn’t disregard government and medical advice and come back into work?

No threat of sack, waiting on a call back after they’ve spoke to occupational health. Also had a sore throat and cough start of the week which she mentioned, the response was if it’s no worse just come in you’ll be fine. Now I know they will be stretched but they’re taking stupid risks to their staff and also themselves if they are happy for someone who’s got symptoms to resume to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.