COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame them. Probably worth just keeping them closed to that bunch of idiots.

Our niece is trying to get back from Hawaii. She was supposed to come home next Tues. but has managed to get a flight out tomorrow.
Hopefully she doesn't show any symptoms at the airport or they won't let her her get on the plane.

If you are in self-isolation, either yourself or someone you live with has symptoms. You should not be out frolicking in the spring. You are in isolation for 14 days. By all means get fresh air in your garden, but self-isolation is not a trivial thing yet it’s being portrayed that way on TV.

Doesn't help when Karens on Facebook are calling work from home/distancing "self-isolation".

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness

Basically, they were old. All old people have something when you include high blood pressure or heart disease.

Reinforces the idea that Italy's older population was hit particularly hard, but doesn't really change anything, we've always known we need to protect the old and vulnearable.

Yep. It doesn't mean that most didn't have a good ten years, if not more, left to live either. They could have travelled, spent time with their grandchildren, looked after people who needed help. Anything. I hate this idea that they're expendable cos they're not young. There are plenty of 70+ year olds walking about totally fine and contributing to society, even with high blood pressure.

Following the dramatic dip in new cases in Spain, Iran has established a downward decline in new cases.

I know no one takes Iran's data seriously but apparently the whole country has ignored pleas to stay at home and are on the road to visit friends. That sounds terrible but it does suggest that this is not a nation gripped by virus and fear.

I hope Italy will show some slowing today too.

Following the dramatic dip in new cases in Spain, Iran has established a downward decline in new cases.

I know no one takes Iran's data seriously but apparently the whole country has ignored pleas to stay at home and are on the road to visit friends. That sounds terrible but it does suggest that this is not a nation gripped by virus and fear.

I hope Italy will show some slowing today too.

They might not understand fear, stupidity might be the only thing they feel.

One of the best twitter threads on the virus and what to expect. This guy knows what he is talking about. Sorry if posted already.

Very good find! Good to see a good scientific contribution as it’s been a while on here. I raised this issue last night with a poster who was suggesting that we would be ok once we have the antibodies which ties in with the whole increase herd immunity strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.