COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, must have missed this. Who are they?
The Rich Woke family from number 1 who have driven off to their holiday home in Wales this morning to "Beat the Traffic" now that schools are closing. See the other posts I quoted.

Last edited:
Not being taken seriously by a lot of people that I know, still doing stuff they shouldn't.

I wonder when the wake up call will be, I suspect it wont happen until there is a national ban on things.

Even Guardia Civil these days are initially very polite but woe betide.anyone mistaking that for weakness.

Got done for speeding a couple of months ago and didn't even want my insurance docs just my driving licence. They already had my name, address,. insurance etc. so Spanish Licence completed things. I was polite and apologetic so he halved my fine and printed off an invoice for said fine payable at the Post Office with all my details in it.
Seems the days of cash only have gone because all fines in our area now go to fund police anyway via local council.

A couple near us have been fined 600€ for having two people in the car from the same household shopping

This Morning with a segment right now called “Escape self-isolation with David Domoney” with him encouraging people to get out and enjoy the arrival of spring.

Is this for real?? Self isolation is not meant for being escaped from. It’s isolation.

“if you’re looking for things to do out and about so you’re not just inside...”

With Eamon and Ruth endorsing it.

Fucking hell.

if you are not symptomatic going out to parks or the countryside away from others for exercise is still recommended.
Symptomatic people are being told they can go in their gardens if they have them.

Wait until it really hits the poor African, Central American and Asia countries. It will kill millions

I must admit it has crossed my mind that unless hot weather does slow it, and there does'nt seem to be much evidence as yet that it does, there is going to be an absolute disaster in some places. That will be made worse because those places will have to be isolated to avoid setting the whole thing off somewhere else.

That vaccine is badly needed but how you set about vaccinating the entire planet and quick is a problem. Even if as it seems increasingly likely that treatments and vaccines will be found relatively quickly.

Not being taken seriously by a lot of people that I know, still doing stuff they shouldn't.

I wonder when the wake up call will be, I suspect it wont happen until there is a national ban on things.

It gets real when you have been stuck in the house for 7 days and the police are checking everyone on the streets to see if they are outside for a legitimate reason

According to a BBC report the boss of Wetherspoon's says a shutdown would be 'over the top'...yes I suppose it's something he would say, but given what's actually going on in the real world, he shouldn't be saying that at all. I suppose it'll be Friday night as 'usual' for some and with his blessing, as long as they keep to the social distancing requirements all will be ok?!! I Do not understand it at all.

Man runs chain of pubs says ‘they should be left open and people should visit them’ is I think the message we all should be heeding. We should put him on national radio just to make sure. Oh we did? Excellent news.

Our gardener turned up this morning and told us he'd just come back from skiing in the French Alps on Monday. Said he'd checked with his doc and it was OK to carry on working - the idea of asymptomatic virus carriers does not seem to enter into the current calculations. I told him to come back in a fortnight if he was still symptom free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.