The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Officially it was a request not an order and it is not a request with any kind of penalty. So once the various pubs, clubs, restaurants and gyms have found out how difficult it is to access the government help, they will be open again. It will last a max of 7 days.

Should just introduce proper rationing now, stop the clowns in their tracks. None of us 'needs' more than a certain number of anything per week/month. We might want it but we absolutely don't need it. Either that or make it socially unacceptable and get people to video the greedy sods on their way out of the supermarkets and name and shame them. Whilst of course we all try to look after our own I detest any behaviour that says "me and mine first, you lot get behind me". The logical conclusion of that sort of behaviour is that you and yours end up with food and everyone else is starving. You really think that is going to end up well for you and yours ???

Officially it was a request not an order and it is not a request with any kind of penalty. So once the various pubs, clubs, restaurants and gyms have found out how difficult it is to access the government help, they will be open again. It will last a max of 7 days.

It really wont. They will not be open again for at least three months.

It really wont. They will not be open again for at least three months.

So if your holy sensational I'll informed drama queen reaction is right, why isnt there a ban on all religous gatherings?

So if your holy sensational I'll informed drama queen reaction is right, why isnt there a ban on all religous gatherings?

There isn't a 'ban' as such but you wont be going to church on Sunday, I will guarantee that. Because the Government have advised against all such gatherings. Any church opening on Sunday would be doing so against that advice, which would leave the Trustees of such open to massive personal liability claims should any of its attendees fall ill because of the virus. I can assure you I am pretty well informed and not a drama queen.

There isn't a 'ban' as such but you wont be going to church on Sunday, I will guarantee that. Because the Government have advised against all such gatherings. Any church opening on Sunday would be doing so against that advice, which would leave the Trustees of such open to massive personal liability claims should any of its attendees fall ill because of the virus. I can assure you I am pretty well informed and not a drama queen.

And Mosques and Synagogues? You are a bullshit artist and 100% Drama queen.

I don't know of any churches open (no idea about mosques, temples etc but would imagine they are the same). The C of E and Catholic Churches announced a while ago that they wouldn't be running any public services. Others have followed suit. There won't be any open for the foreseeable future as you rightly say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.