COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden's Prime Minister gave a speech to the nation yestrday. I thought we were going into lockdown but we didn't. He did quite well, anyway:

"There are a few, decisive moments in life, A time when you are asked to sarifice, not for just for your own future, but also to take responsibility for your community, for your fellow man, and for our country.

That time is now.

That day has arrived."

Quite Shakesperian if not Churchillian. Let's see how Boris measures up to the Swedish welder who left school at 16.
Even I thumped my chest and thought of the Swedish flag when I read that!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is huge and it's growing drastically by the day. Some countries are really only just getting started and I still think it will be millions worldwide by the time it's done.

I didn't mean that to detract from what it already is, but if you had a lot of people catching it from surfaces as well as person to person, places like Madrid would already be into the tens of thousands rather than where it is and would have been a few weeks ago. The rate of infection is far more likely to mean person to person for the majority of it.

I'd still treat every single outside source as potentially contaminated though, that absolutely has to be the mindset.

Seems we're getting a serious one then as it's out of sync with the other press conferences.

It’s out of sync because he was chairing a Cobra Meeting earlier - that’s not to say there won’t be a big announcement just that it has not been set up that way

They've only been in lockdown 10-15 days. It seems to take around 15-22 days to die from it. So the numbers now are still very much pre-lockdown numbers and probably will be for another week.
Fair enough though I’d also argue at the average age of the Italian deaths (81 last time I heard) that being isolated may have sped things up slightly?

yep. It’s as if nothing is happening. There’s no deadly virus..... It’s just come in as normal.

It’s driving me mad. Other employees think the same, but we all fear getting the sack. it has become a toxic environment recently.

I’d sack it off, right now if I could. But it couldn’t be a worse time to do so

Just to reaffirm what others have said. He’s a ****. Who either doesn’t care, because he’s too stupid to understand the risks or doesn’t care because he’s too stupid to know what’s going on

What line of work are you in?

News presenter : ‘So why aren’t people listening to the advice?’

I bet the interviewee wanted to say ‘Because this country is full of stupid ignorant cunts’

I saw Matt Hancock this morning and from the look of his face, that’s what I think he wanted to say. For political reasons, he obviously couldn’t

yep. It’s as if nothing is happening. There’s no deadly virus..... It’s just come in as normal.

It’s driving me mad. Other employees think the same, but we all fear getting the sack. it has become a toxic environment recently.

I’d sack it off, right now if I could. But it couldn’t be a worse time to do so
Go in and lick his face, see what he says then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.