COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the 80 year old couple opposite me who were visited by their offspring and grandkids yesterday and were left with the grandkids to look after for the week will do now.

Can somebody clarify something please my wife works on the front line but doesn’t drive it is 40 mile round trip from our home am I still alright totake her and pick her up, as she can’t get there for 06.50 any other way

It’s much deeper than that.

There’s a bigger picture with implementing authoritarian measures and putting people under house arrest but for supermarket trips is something that a Libertarian will always be against.
We you've got a real world argument against libertarianism then haven't you. Choose life (minus liberartarianism) or death.

There is of course a third way in this case (testing) but what if there wasn't?

It’s much deeper than that.

There’s a bigger picture with implementing authoritarian measures and putting people under house arrest but for supermarket trips is something that a Libertarian will always be against.
Not if it saves thousands of lives. This is a temporary catastrophic crisis. House arrest makes it sound like a punishment, it’s not.

And there it is. The lightbulb moment. Some Brits think this is a punishment. The Spanish think it’s a necessity!

There are so many potential issues. Kids coughing and sneezing for one. Going down slides, running and bumping into other kids etc.

Playgrounds will be closed. He means parks such as Heston Park where you can go for a walk, large outdoor spaces.

For the record I think these will be rammed and eventually we’ll all be under house arrest.

Maybe by the weekend, I think he’s gradually implementing Italian/Spanish measures

I'm astounded as to what's going on in the US. They can't pass an emergency funding bill due to democrats/republicans failing to reach an agreement. It may not get through until the end of the week and businesses will just carry on operating as normal when they should be shut.
The American system of government is basically unchanged in over 200 years. It’s unwieldy and going to be horribly exposed, I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.