COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
New cases in China are double the previous day's figures, 39 to 78, it'll be interesting to see in the next few days if this trend continues following the lifting of restrictions.

Ah well at least your missus can put your bonus to good use ... the undertakers bill.
Oakie except I don't get that bonus not high enough up the ladder, it's a management bonus only and to be honest the attitude of the company at the moment over this virus stinks .

Taiwan has now gained full control of the 2nd outbreak that occurred as a result of flights from America.
Strategy since SARS outbreak in 2003:
Monitor China for news of infectious diseases. On outbreak activate disease command and control network and implement the following rules:
1. Screen all incoming flights. Anyone with symptoms (fever, cough) put in isolated quarantine. As are people sitting adjacent to them.
2. Ban flights from airports in regions/countries with more than 5 cases.
3. Ban travel by passengers that have travelled to the affected regions/countries within the previous 14 days.
4. Retrospectively self isolate all passengers from flights arriving in the previous 7 days from affected regions/countries.
5. Identify their contacts (from various databases and mobile phone tracking data) and self isolate them too.
6. Apply contact tracing to all cases that dont fall into the above categories, self isolating all for 2 weeks.
7. Self isolation is monitored (mobile phone monitoring) and random phone calls.
8. Add virus testing into the equation as soon as it is available.

Here is one good article on the subject:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/orde...e-in-coronavirus-crisis-while-the-who-is-mia/

I to am a pensioner JTU and it annoys the fuck out of me when being the next in line to be served, only for an old biddy to take 10 minutes to put everything back into her fucking handbag !!

Bit harsh mate,probably 50yrs ago you would be trying to pull her..

So how many of us are sat having breakfast knowing that you don't want to go into work, you want to comply with government ruling , but the company you work for are being complete idiots over this crisis and have not given any clarification as to what they are going to do for the workforce they employ, all they are interested in is the customer . So Mr policeman if you see me in a bright red Ferrari penis extension today around the Nottingham area be assured I do not want to be in it, or anywhere near Nottingham but my dick head boss wants to get it back to it's owner as he has requested it to be delivered back to him. I am not a twat or a **** just someone who has had no instruction from the company and want a job when all this is over .

Completely agree. It’s a nice idea but the reality is people will take the piss and it will be impossible to police. If they can get a few fines in early doors that would at least be a deterrent. Would be nice if they could get an on the spot fine and hand the cash over there and then.

Frog march them to the cash point. That’s what happened to me when I got caught jibbing the tram back in 1996. If a Metrolink inspector can do it, I’m sure the police can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.