COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports direct are essential workers, they are having a fucking laugh, a quick phone call from Boris should sort them twats out in.

I thought this was lockdown. It doesn't seem like it is because many employers outside of the retail sector are still working.

The government keep turning the screw a little tighter but what we need is a nail, and hammer and just do the job. It's almost as if they are still trying to perform a controlled infection of the herd whilst keeping the at risk safe.

We needed the sledgehammer. And got an elastic band. Trains transporting this thing between each and every city; planes still coming in and out of the UK I cycled past Tesco this evening and every till was open so people standing cms apart. Unfuckingbelievable that this government can't put out laws, not recommendations. I did several home visits today checking on some of our most vulnerable pupils. I knew what I'd see; but something nagged in my head that maybe, just this once, the idiot swathes would heed the advice. Not a chance. Mingling, drinking, smoking weed, all a big fucking laugh. And here comes our PM, "you must only shop if essential" but we'll not mandate stores to make sure you stay apart so making the whole thing utterly futile. This was such a great opportunity. And he blew it. Idiots need telling.
At least he has started on.the correct approach. Powers to enforce need Gov approval as does most other measures.
Spain's legal system allowed its Gov to take charge of police, army and most of its overnight emergency measures so control was immediate.
Incidentally police still gave us 3 days to warn rather than fine and army are there mostly as a border protection measure I think (can't verify cos we're in lockdown).

Sports direct are essential workers, they are having a fucking laugh, a quick phone call from Boris should sort them twats out in.

It’s pretty essential that when you venture outside for your one session of exercise you have access to some towelling Slazenger socks.

Last edited:
I didn't say I believed them but it's interesting that they chose to report a doubling of new cases.

wasn’t suggesting you did - I just get irate when I read reports of their media almost gloating that they’ve stopped it now and how Italy have had more fatalities just as a PR exercise to cover up the fucking mess they caused in the first place after vowing first time round to clamp down on this. Releasing the true data on hospitalizations, fatalities and observations would have been invaluable to the scientific community.

The rules are half assed. First I feel for the poor people who still have to work for non essential services in public shops. What are Sports Direct thinking?

Also it sounds like some others are still working like on building sites etc. My brother works in the world of ‘online shopping’ in a warehouse and he’s still going to be mingling with hundreds of people a shift just so people can buy nice candles, fluffy towels and other non essential items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.