COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not going to work clearly, expect this to be ramped up in a few days.
It's been tightened but they left open half the employment sector.

This tactic of gradually tightening of the valve tells me that they are still following their initial policy of a controlled infection.

If they had wanted to reduce transmission to the bare minimum they would have done so. This is not an oversight. We're still following the mitigation strategy, they've just tightened it somewhat. The death toll will end up higher than it otherwise would have been because of this. The public are ready for a lockdown. There is no excuse not to do it.

Think you are OK with your itv and suma they have given three months grace.
Good luck Jay I am fukin dreading it so I am taking every peice of car paperwork and id I have.

And a lot of bags : )

I knew there was some leeway but didn't know they'd given us three months. I suppose if the itv/mot places are shut there's not much we can do!

My wife has prepared me a little bag with my passport, nie, empadronamiento, a note, hand sanitizer, spare shoes, spare clothes, shopping bags, gloves and a bin bag :)

Companies are not helping the situation either, the company I work for has had meetings all day about what it was going to do, and by the end of the day all it had decided was that greed is good and as it is the end of the financial quarter and bonuses are riding on it then they are staying open . The workforce don't want to be there but we need the job and so guess what yep we're in tomorrow .

Can it be done from home?

I knew there was some leeway but didn't know they'd given us three months. I suppose if the itv/mot places are shut there's not much we can do!

My wife has prepared me a little bag with my passport, nie, empadronamiento, a note, hand sanitizer, spare shoes, spare clothes, shopping bags, gloves and a bin bag :)

LOL
Don't think some of the lads and ladies in the UK know what it's like yet or what lockdown means

Confirmation that children can still be passed between separated parents.

And now Michael Gove says that children cannot be moved from parent to parent and should remain with whichever parent they're currently with for the duration.

This is complete chaos.

I can see trending on twitter that Mike Ashley ha declared Sports Direct an essential industry ( they supply exercise equipment ) so telling employee's they are expected at work and building sites are all open with briefings taking place in packed canteens ( see #shutthesites) - fucking mental.

How are people not getting this.

Can it be done from home?

Sports equipment can be bough and sold without people having to go work or buy in a shop. Staff are well within their right to challenge it.

Construction, happens on site, so at least some of it will have to happen outwith the home. Won't be long till those too are shut, but till then some aspect of economy is still ticking over.

It really is that simple, go to work if it is absolitely essential , i.e can't be done without going to work. Don't, if it is not. And (employers) don't fanny about interpreting essential to suit a narrative of going out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.