COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but:

Don't know how long the plateau will last before starting to decrease, hopefully a short time.
It certainly looks like the preceding exponential rise has stopped (thank God):

Otherwise you'd expect the daily deaths to be 1,200 by now.

Fingers and everything else crossed that they start to come down sharply soon.

So we all went to work today.
Big meeting with the directors.
Who were reading from some government print out.
We could either go home and have 80% of our wages paid.
Or saty and recieved normal money.they want some to stay if possible as were hoping to keep a couple of small sites going as long as they can.
I went home happily settled into not moving unless I need to shop .
Been talking to a few of the lads they have now heard cos builders can still work we wont get the 80%.
Just lock the lot down please and let's all stay at home

I do think the decision of giving our numbers always at 6 pm each day along with the presser has at least given a small feeling of regularity and certainty to the situation.
We normally get ours a couple of hours ago,always seperate from any press conferences,i think routine is needed now

if the new virus testing kits are reliable then initiate a mass testing strategy and the coronavirus will be on the run.

Edit: Turns out it's not a test for the virus but an antibody test. Sorry misunderstood.

Last edited:
So we all went to work today.
Big meeting with the directors.
Who were reading from some government print out.
We could either go home and have 80% of our wages paid.
Or saty and recieved normal money.they want some to stay if possible as were hoping to keep a couple of small sites going as long as they can.
I went home happily settled into not moving unless I need to shop .
Been talking to a few of the lads they have now heard cos builders can still work we wont get the 80%.
Just lock the lot down please and let's all stay at home
Was told by my bosses that you don't get 80% unless you are laid off permanently. It's a real grey area and sure it will be abused by companies. I've had to stop work but some of our guys are still working. I said I deserve a bit of loyalty after 26 years and it fell on deaf ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.