UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be the standard exchange of relevant documents required by CAS which will probably include the originals of the Der Spiegel emails. However, City will almost certainly ask for internal UEFA emails referencing us and FFP - that could expose a few clumsy individuals who I very much doubt will have covered their tracks too well. UEFA will have a lot more to fear from the process of disclosure and our legal team will have a hunch of what to look for - this is one of those cases where the fight is between City and UEFA but our QC will go after individuals - it’s always the best way to undermine an organisation. This looks like it’s gonna get interesting and I know some people see the G14 and UEFA as almost desperate entities; and think the G14 clubs will just walk away but the two are inextricably linked and a number of the G14s leading figures could and probably will get destroyed in this process. At best this is maladministration at worst it’s fraud.

you mean play the man not the ball, Pep on the pitch but BIg Fat Sam in the courtroom.

Ceferin says he has never seen the case against us. I don't believe that, but he has made a show of the IC/AC being independent. Even if the case were weak, i don't think he would interfere before hand. Maybe he even wanted it to fail; there is an internal war at UEFA and he is holding the ring.

I remember his unconvincing Sky interview regarding the case
UEFA can decide matters concerning football, however whatever decisions they make still have to be in accordance of the actual law. America once decided that black people couldn't go into certain stores or had to sit in designated areas on buses – women never used to be allowed in the vaul

Peter Sutcliffe had a lawer, Harvey Weinstein had a shitload of the very best lawyers money can buy... Why is his being a lawyer actually relevant?!?

Peter Sutcliffe's lawyer wasn't head of Uefa.

TR7-edit.jpg

The last I recall, the ECJ told the Bosman Lawyer to go through the Belgian courts, exhaust that process & then appeal to the ECJ.

I know City didn't want to be the catalyst which brought down FFP & UEFA/G14, but in my mind we have absolutely nothing to lose by going nuclear against the lot of them.

Surely this course of action is on City's agenda?
I think it is. In fact I'm sure it is. I completely understand the point @mayo31 made, as we've seen no concrete action from City as yet. But the mood in Abu Dhabi is very ugly. Their honour has been trashed and the good names of people like Khaldoon and the Sheikh have been dragged through the mud. We have Chinese investors, including those backed by the state. Both countries have very efficient intelligence services. The UAE & Israel are extremely close, which I've heard from a couple of very sensitive & reliable sources, as are the UAE and USA. Favours are being called in I'm told.

The owner of a Sports Marketing business which has no revenue coming in, or a load of heavily-indebted, downmarket malls, can't match that sort of power. This is just my idea but if I was Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour, I'd be looking to buy the mortgages on those malls. And I'd be looking to see if they were supported by personal guarantees and, if not, I'd want those in place when the inevitable recession comes along. Because the only thing the Glazers have, which they could use for that, is their United shares. That's if they're not using them for that already, which I suspect they are. And then I'd call those loans in and, when they couldn't pay, I'd take the shares. And then the fun would really start.

Last edited:
A lot can change in 25 years but the feeling of loss of prestige and certainly the loss of serious revenue never changes over time so it should now be asked why clubs, especially Everton, and others who were banned from Europe for five seasons, did not launch compensation claims against Liverpool following the behaviour of their supporters at Heysel.

I think it is. In fact I'm sure it is. I completely understand the point @mayo31 made, as we've seen no concrete action from City as yet. But the mood in Abu Dhabi is very ugly. Their honour has been trashed and the good names of people like Khaldoon and the Sheikh have been dragged through the mud. We have Chinese investors, including those backed by the state. Both countries have very efficient intelligence services. The UAE & Israel are extremely close, which I've heard from a couple of very sensitive & reliable sources, as are the UAE and USA. Favours are being called in I'm told.

The owner of a load of a Sports Marketing business which has no revenue coming in, or of heavily-indebted, downmarket malls, can't match that sort of power. This is just my idea but if I was Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour, I'd be looking to buy the mortgages on those malls. And I'd be looking to see if they were supported by personal guarantees and, if not, I'd want those in place when the inevitable recession comes along. Because the only thing the Glazers have, which they could use for that, is their United shares. That's if they're not using them for that already, which I suspect they are. And then I'd call those loans in and, when they couldn't pay, I'd take the shares. And then the fun would really start.

If only Colin, if only

UEFA can decide matters concerning football, however whatever decisions they make still have to be in accordance of the actual law. America once decided that black people couldn't go into certain stores or had to sit in designated areas on buses – women never used to be allowed in the vaul

Peter Sutcliffe had a lawer, Harvey Weinstein had a shitload of the very best lawyers money can buy... Why is his being a lawyer actually relevant?!?

The point I was getting at is that the court reminded UEFA very brutally that matters which came before the courts would be decided according to what the law requires and not what UEFA saw as the best interests of "football".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.