UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is. In fact I'm sure it is. I completely understand the point @mayo31 made, as we've seen no concrete action from City as yet. But the mood in Abu Dhabi is very ugly. Their honour has been trashed and the good names of people like Khaldoon and the Sheikh have been dragged through the mud. We have Chinese investors, including those backed by the state. Both countries have very efficient intelligence services. The UAE & Israel are extremely close, which I've heard from a couple of very sensitive & reliable sources, as are the UAE and USA. Favours are being called in I'm told.

The owner of a Sports Marketing business which has no revenue coming in, or a load of heavily-indebted, downmarket malls, can't match that sort of power. This is just my idea but if I was Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour, I'd be looking to buy the mortgages on those malls. And I'd be looking to see if they were supported by personal guarantees and, if not, I'd want those in place when the inevitable recession comes along. Because the only thing the Glazers have, which they could use for that, is their United shares. That's if they're not using them for that already, which I suspect they are. And then I'd call those loans in and, when they couldn't pay, I'd take the shares. And then the fun would really start.
The question, I guess, would be whether these would be voting or non voting shares...if for the sake of argument, they were voting shares, would the vehicle Sheikh Mansour chose to carry out the process, be able to open up the books including the Cayman side of things??

As far as I know, the Bosman one is in limbo at the moment as it was bounced between the Belgian courts and the European one, both saying the other needed to hear the case. It's also impacted by the fact that there's no one among the appellants who can really claim to be a directly affected party. Of course, if we take over as the appellant, that all changes.

The last I recall, the ECJ told the Bosman Lawyer to go through the Belgian courts, exhaust that process & then appeal to the ECJ.

I know City didn't want to be the catalyst which brought down FFP & UEFA/G14, but in my mind we have absolutely nothing to lose by going nuclear against the lot of them.

Surely this course of action is on City's agenda?

ECJ Rejected the case
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/uef...ictory-in-financial-fair-play-court-challenge

I think it is. In fact I'm sure it is. I completely understand the point @mayo31 made, as we've seen no concrete action from City as yet. But the mood in Abu Dhabi is very ugly. Their honour has been trashed and the good names of people like Khaldoon and the Sheikh have been dragged through the mud. We have Chinese investors, including those backed by the state. Both countries have very efficient intelligence services. The UAE & Israel are extremely close, which I've heard from a couple of very sensitive & reliable sources, as are the UAE and USA. Favours are being called in I'm told.

The owner of a Sports Marketing business which has no revenue coming in, or a load of heavily-indebted, downmarket malls, can't match that sort of power. This is just my idea but if I was Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour, I'd be looking to buy the mortgages on those malls. And I'd be looking to see if they were supported by personal guarantees and, if not, I'd want those in place when the inevitable recession comes along. Because the only thing the Glazers have, which they could use for that, is their United shares. That's if they're not using them for that already, which I suspect they are. And then I'd call those loans in and, when they couldn't pay, I'd take the shares. And then the fun would really start.
I love it when you talk dirty Colin.

Colin, I just love your optimism and your contempt for our detractors. Hope some of it comes to fruition. I am not vindictive or vengeful by nature, but I passionately want us to be exhonorated in such a way that certain clubs are shown to be morally bankrupt. Please god.

Sometimes, all this stuff makes me feel I am in a lucid dream. Is it really happening or have I had one too many? Mind boggling. A world away from the regime of the Alexanders and other old fashioned gentlemen. To think I stood at the scoreboard end getting piss wet through and freezing cold as we struggled, mid div2, against Argyle and the might of Piper, just a few years ago. Well, about 56 to be exact.

Thought we weren't a big club...

Fair play to Sheffield United who are letting the courts decide.

The others a just self-serving and I'm sure we'll remember this.
Think they wanted to say yes as well but their carrier pigeon was shot down over Glossop. And then the horse went lame on the mail coach at the Cat and Fiddle.

Well, it was 35 years ago and tbh football was a very different sport in the administrative and financial sense. It was in a deep depression following on from Bradford and Heysel within weeks of each other. Crowds plummeted over the next few seasons and I suspect there was a feeling that Liverpool FC should not be held totally accountable for the actions of some of their supporters, especially given the crumbling shambles that was the Heysel Stadium itself and the insane allocation of tickets that led to both sets of fans being in the same section of terracing. Also the ban on English clubs wasn't just down to Liverpool fans, there had been a succession of incidents in Europe over the years involving supporters of English clubs, Heysel was just the culmination of that.
There were plenty of dangerous stadiums apart from Heysel and had been for most of the previous hundred years. The loss of life at Ibrox (1902 and 1971), Burnden Park (1946), and subsequently Valley Parade (1985) and Hillsborough (1989) testify to that. None of the incidents could be directly related to hooliganism apart from Heysel.

Liverpool managed to create a media image of their fans as 'good natured scallies' that resulted in much of the blame being attributed to the state of the stadium. The fact that the stadium was falling apart and that there wasn't better segregation, is no excuse for Liverpool fans charging at police lines, breaking through and attacking the Juventus fans. In the stampede to escape, part of the perimeter wall collapsed. This allowed most to escape but 39 were crushed to death before the collapse.

I suppose that Liverpool could argue that it would not have happened if the supporters were separated by barbed wire and trenches (plus a few landmines) but it doesn't really wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.