COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I queued for 40 minutes in the car park at my local Tesco today. It was one in, one out and I think there were only 40 customers allowed in at a time. Good job it wasn't p*ssing down. I was there about 3pm, and I'm not sure what it's going to be like at peak time tomorrow.

perhaps everyone could have one fucking day without shopping

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Lookin at the graphs from the FT above, collated today from data taken from Johns Hopkins and others. I see nothing to tell that our trajectory of deaths, as a country, is any different from eg, Italy or Spain. The only graph that shows any slight encouragement is for city's, where London is on a slightly better track for deaths doubling against time than Rome etc. Yet, the message continues "we are in a better position than Italy or Spain" or "we are 2 weeks behind country X" are we? I'd love to think so but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe the message to be honest. I worried again that the moment is lost, to little to late once more.
this virus is that unpredictable the stats are playing games in my head,its just crazy

I haven’t been near another person for a week or so. However I have been to the Supermarket and local shop. That’s where the risk is now isn’t it. Who knows who has sneezed all over your shopping.
Sneezers were being dragged out of Lidls and shot earlier.
You can take the company out of Germany but...

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Lookin at the graphs from the FT above, collated today from data taken from Johns Hopkins and others. I see nothing to tell that our trajectory of deaths, as a country, is any different from eg, Italy or Spain. The only graph that shows any slight encouragement is for city's, where London is on a slightly better track for deaths doubling against time than Rome etc. Yet, the message continues "we are in a better position than Italy or Spain" or "we are 2 weeks behind country X" are we? I'd love to think so but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe the message to be honest. I worried again that the moment is lost, to little to late once more.
Not wanting to get political but our current PM half truthed his way from referendum to our final exit. During this crisis which is potentially far more serious can we really trust the government to give It to us straight.

Ireland has been placed under similar lockdown measures to the ones imposed in the UK following three more coronavirus-related deaths.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said residents should stay home until at least 12 April unless they were buying groceries, getting brief exercise or making essential family visits.

Almost all shops will be told to close and all gathering outside of families will be banned.

Public transport will be available only to essential workers and nobody should travel beyond 2km (1.2 miles) from their homes for any reason, he added

Those over the age of 70 or with chronic diseases will be told to stay in their homes without exception over the period, which begins at midnight

Mr Varadkar said: "I'm appealing to every man, woman and child to make these sacrifices for the love of each other.

"Show that you care for your family and friends: Stay home

He added that there was little more the government could do in terms of restrictions.

The restrictions come after three more deaths thought to be as a result of COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by coronavirus. One of the victims was a healthcare worker.

According to data compiled by US university Johns Hopkins, there are 2,121 coronavirus cases in Ireland, with 22 deaths recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.