COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain are getting battered again 838 in last 24hrs

GP: PPE quality not good and lockdown will probably continue until June

GP Dr Richard van Mellaerts tells Sky News the quality of PPE being provided to NHS staff is not as good as other countries. He said often staff are just being given a surgical mask, plastic apron and plastic gloves.

He also said he expects the lockdown to continue until at the end of May and possibly early June, agreeing with government adviser Professor Neil Ferguson

Todays news conference and other news from today

https://news.sky.com/story/sophy-ri...urse-and-michael-gove-on-coronavirus-11965203

A lad I’ve been mates with for 20 years blocked me on Facebook and what’s app today.

He posted a status about this virus is step 1, step 2 is turning off the internet and step 3 is micro chipping everyone in the guise of a “vaccination”

I posted a tin foil hat gif and he sent me a voice note telling me I was a **** (fair enough) but to open my eyes and do some research. I went to reply and found I was blocked on every available device. Thank fuck for that.
He sounds stable!

Been answered by several posters. Testing capacity and culture are two of the reasons proffered.
Culture is just a completely shite excuse. Capacity I can understand but our media should be getting answers to why that is the case (get them to admit to it) and how we can recover from that situation.

I'm still concerned by those figures for ventilators. NYC, for example is looking at securing 30,000. I've read we might hear more about this tomorrow. I hope so, because 8k now and 8k in the future seems like a tiny figure. I noticed Gove took the opportunity to name drop British firms - whilst it's great to be able to affect the supply from within our own borders there's no way ideology or political posture should allow this to be a priority over meeting the need to secure enough equipment as soon as possible to save as many lives as possible.

In other news the Chinese are apparently going on as normal in certain provinces with the meat markets packed. The whole world needs to ban anyone coming or going to China, enough is enough.
I hear they're experiencing a bounce following relaxation of people movement, more new infections

France are shipping patients around France by rail at the moment, is that why Manchester is making facilities ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.