COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get everything perfect then 100,000 to 240,000.

If they don’t handle it well, 1.5m to 2.2m deaths.

According to their models they spoke of last night. I doubt Uk, France, Germany et al will get near those figures as a group.
I'm sure you're right, I was just pointing out that their circa 1,000 deaths yesterday should be considered in the context of the size of their population. I imagine the figures in the US are going to get similar to the aggregate peak across Europe. Perhaps higher due to their fragmented healthcare system and greater levels of inequality. But perhaps not because they seem to have got a real shift on with testing, which us, France and Spain - for example - have not.

it's also important to remember that the 100,000 etc figures relate to perhaps December 31st 2021 when we can look back and count up. Not how many died in the peak over the next month or so.

Anyone else see the clip on Sky last night on the Naples hospital - first time I’ve seen such a meticulous procedure executed in depth compared to other scenes around other hospitals in the world. They’ve used the time wisely and learned a lot from their poor compatriots up north.

Went on to go and show inside footage in a Brooklyn hospital and it looked like a scene from a third world country in comparison. Target has got to be getting all frontliners into these suits using similar procedures, going to be difficult in field hospitals I can imagine.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-italian-covid-19-hospital-where-no-medics-have-been-infected-11966344

Morning you blue bastards - one day closer to being back to normal. Might take a few weeks, a few months, maybe even longer but one day this will all pass and we will be in a pub on the way to watch City. It will come.

Keep positive!

As sad as these individual stories are, extremely low risk isn't no risk. But as we approach 1 million confirmed cases we are probably looking at the very least 10s of millions probably much more. The fact that a 12 year old or for that anyone under 30 dying from it goes around the world shows how rare it is. Though it’s good for young people to be aware however tiny there is still some risk, its also important for parents not to be too paranoid and frighten their children.

Exactly this. At the moment every terrible death that doesn't fit in to the old or ill category is being reported and tweeted, posted etc. Yes any person dying is shocking, even more so at such a young age but this is not something that doesn't happen aside from this virus. Sepsis for example kills lots of fit and healthy people every year, I think it is one of if not the biggest killer in the UK and they rarely get reported.

The fact remains that unless you have underlying health conditions or are of a certain age, the risk of getting seriously ill is very very low.

There's just so many things to worry about right now. I read earlier this morning that the whole of the EU (and us) have only a couple of weeks of the powerful anaesthetics left, which are needed for sedating people on ventilators. In some cases stocks are down to only a couple of days supply remaining.

And the NICE clinical guidelines just issued, saying the decision to admit to critical care should take into account “the likelihood that a person will recover . . . to an outcome that is acceptable to them.” Another joy.

I am not a medical person so I don't know what that means, but I remember a couple of years ago when my mother-in-law was in ICU with severe pneumonia and there was a debate about whether to put her on a ventilator, the decision was taken to not, because of the long term effects and what her quality of life would be like if she did survive. How ****ing depressing is all this.

It means you try and act morally superior or morally just, to try and get people to think better of you.

You don’t really mean what you’re doing deep down, you think it makes you look better.

Think David Beckham donating his money when he signed for PSG.

It was to grab headlines and sell brand Beckham.

I fucking hate virtue signallers and they’re fucking everywhere these days.

But I will say @denislawsbackheel is the biggest grump on the internet.

I dont think this fellas is a virtual signaller seems pretty genuine to me

Right my lad has gone to work today after 14 days self isolation, he isnt keen . I asked him how they serve the public. He said they are kept at the door they tell them what they want and he goes and gets it. Than they walk to the pay maching and use their card everyone keeping 2 meters apart. I than asked him if they are buying essential stuff. He said his workmates have said no , its car polish, shampoo, etc. Very little car and bike essentials they said., tho odd car blub , which could be bought from the fuel garage. His workmates said about 99% unessentials !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.