Most Overrated Player to Play for City

Completely genuine. I think he was and still is hugely overrated as a player (ignoring the off field antics) by some purely because he had as many, if not more, shockingly bad games for us when couldn't be arsed than he had games when he was simply unplayable and like a monster amongst men.
This self isolation is playing tricks with your mind If you think Ya Ya was hugely overated... not even the most blinkered fan from any other club would say that.

Buster Phillips got bigged up by the club and press - was supposed to have the potential to be another Pele/George Best etc - think he ended up playing in the pub leagues.
As did George Best if I recall correctly!

This self isolation is playing tricks with your mind If you think Ya Ya was hugely overated... not even the most blinkered fan from any other club would say that.
He had the potential to be the best player in world football for 5-6 years, he couldn't be arsed. Some "blinkered fans" and I'll include your good self in that list selectively chose to ignore and dismiss the 3-4 years that he couldn't be arsed.

The rea top players don't suffer with such wild inconsistency; Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Kompany etc...even when they're not playing well you cannot question their effort and professionalism. Hence why I dont put Toure in that same bracket, even though he had more talent than all bar De Bruyne in my opinion.

He's hugely overrated by people who only see the highlights (other clubs fans) because he was capable of moments of genius and they didn't see the other 89 minutes of walking and half arsed attempts at tracking his man, tackling or pressing.

To us, the fans, he was class... behind the scenes, I don't think many players and staff thought so.
PS while i respect your opinion, Chappy was far from being a knob

Bullshit.....he was a fifth columnist.

Complete bell end and a rag to boot.

He had the potential to be the best player in world football for 5-6 years, he couldn't be arsed. Some "blinkered fans" and I'll include your good self in that list selectively chose to ignore and dismiss the 3-4 years that he couldn't be arsed.

The rea top players don't suffer with such wild inconsistency; Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Kompany etc...even when they're not playing well you cannot question their effort and professionalism. Hence why I dont put Toure in that same bracket, even though he had more talent than all bar De Bruyne in my opinion.

He's hugely overrated by people who only see the highlights (other clubs fans) because he was capable of moments of genius and they didn't see the other 89 minutes of walking and half arsed attempts at tracking his man, tackling or pressing.

2010 - 2015 thereabouts he was utterly magnificent

Our stand out player, of course he had his off days but fuck me he earned them.

Toure=our GOAT

I always thought Ian Bishop's iconic reputation contrasted sharply with City's results, (particularly in the top flight), in the games when he appeared.
For every 5-1 v United there was a 0-4 and a 0-6, lurking around the corner.
Not dissimilar to Dzeko being remembered less favouriably than Rosler, I guess it's sometimes preferable to be the best player in a shite team than someone with poor body language (like Mark Ward) who arguably contributed more.

Has anyone mentioned Wilfried Fecking Bony ? Banged them in left right and centre for Swansea came to us an couldn't hit a barn door from 2 Yards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.