COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing off the debt presumably helps, not sure how exactly.

The 'we've shipped X million items' seems popular to quote, but needs the context of what that number means; the numbers are thrown out because big numbers sound good and most people won't wonder what it means. Sending out 10 million of something is impressive if usual need is 1 million, less so if it's 8 million.

The Editor of the Health Service Journal says it was always the Government's intention to cancel the debt. I have asked for more info.

I think financial restrictions / controls on NHS debts might have been obstacle to NHS Trusts paying for extra staff and equipment in the current crisis, Cancelling the debt might have a cash injection affect. Those Trusts that have been swamped by the virus in North London and the West Midlands tend to be under financial strain. The risks include lots of money being spent on agency staff that will be on a higher rates of pay than the core NHS workforce and this can be demoralising. There might be checks and balances to limit this risk and the priority is to ensure there are sufficient staff with the right skills on the wards / theatres, especially with service s stretched with the virus and large number of staff self isolating.

Did i hear right ?
Because of Brexit we are the best supplied country on earth ?
Surely he can't have said that and i imagined it, i was talking to someone at the time so i might be completely mistaken

Aims for 100,000 test a day by the end of april across all five pillars of his plan

Every nhs worker will get a covid test and their families,rolled out from critical care staff first,getting staff back to work if the dont have the virus

Antibody tests are done 28 days after infection and those tests are to come

Did i hear right ?
Because of Brexit we are the best supplied country on earth ?
Surely he can't have said that and i imagined it, i was talking to someone at the time so i might be completely mistaken
No we have a fuller understanding of the supply chain was what he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.