COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen's right about the false sense of security, it is at least worth bearing in mind. It's an old, well observed fact, that when authorities put rails up to protect pedestrians, people drive commensurately faster and pay less attention. The ER doctor who someone posted yesterday said N95 masks were a no go for citizens, and that was because the medical profession needed every last one urgently. He suggested people use other masks, and then said, this is simply to train you to not touch your face. As far as he was concerned, people are picking this virus up on their hands and getting sick because it gets on their face from their. It sounded like he thought Americans would all go with masks regardless of any use, and he was mostly concerned with pointing them away from the vital medical stuff and refocusing them onto hand hygeine and face touching.
Misdirection on a grand scale.
It does not protect the wearer (well it does but not much).
It protects others from the wearer.

Ask yourself, why do surgical teams wear masks?

That's not the point. The point of the mask is it makes other people more safe from the person wearing the mask. It reduces the requirement of a 6 foot safe gap down to 1 foot. It is essentiatial to reduce transmission on public transport.
The fact it gives you 80% protection is a bonus.
It may but I think the thinking is, its better for people to just stay 2 metres away. The 1 ft with a mask will depend on the mask so better just keep well apart.

growth rate is the same as UK and Germany. It's the same for every country until after the virus peak. I have my own feelings as to why but until we have a antibody test it's not worth speculating.
5Un0pRfpf1sMokDhexZPFVUXvyT-m0idz8b33QirnsFi9d53aCnWcxFgJEpHnSYRM83JCOMt4SzGfzbbQJ0NAkSm6ZBPFP3jummw-xGTXhZrJUD4wBPGrlfJZKG92sR5A3Fb_N4DgC8JaSHeZyRwdHfoZm4naXdlERLFYl9eSRHRkv1pG_MJsWQgwZWI7Cc9CcpNSNXS_JS_6KO9jS071Wlf2Ql9ZmOBL-FLT05IoT3eKoRRxLv4cu4cF3i_zY2Luvw6aYVlVqbo-ScoKUW6XE9feLbZt2uBMSkWX8yjWtorVg2ljsfb0tQc0G_D9-ojZ2TwhDQJMATfHkqJlcvcKnHn5KOLkX5bl6AyBN3m5dU1hiDxeCklx6u_mdcDgHw1WHbfynkD3lAr2TtDehOhyu-U8R9Xm5b3hQYxR2ANeydwpGtXiY_ndmjO-rZ9LdRbyho8ocxH3MqqxWFdD26v4ilRPnmw16nubXEPpUviMDFyt5bNW0YPwpUi0E9N4r4e36Mjzipqe_xuMYNVkalLdVnNyIW9Jm6gyZ6xFlGuGMwnOE2liSjb7dU3qqgX67QLGv1BZkgdb_S2_kmhci9iMnisrWP5MzPeYaqp6KSElDWPAFxaXqhXMwRsEMcZoQLUGclg8pkN4cHp3qwTZWl-0jrJyvq-aPXY59ghWdhFSzu5_Wb7dxqvnL1s7a1r=w1200-h800-no
I’m interested.

It may but I think the thinking is, its better for people to just stay 2 metres away. The 1 ft with a mask will depend on the mask so better just keep well apart.
You can't on a fucking train, tram or bus.
Which is where they should be worn when we restart the economy.

Misdirection on a grand scale.
It does not protect the wearer (well it does but not much).
It protects others from the wearer.

Ask yourself, why do surgical teams wear masks?

They wear n95 masks. Very different!

Misdirection??? I'm already paranoid! You're not allowed to be paranoid at me. Because THAT'S misdirection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.