Most Overrated Player to Play for City

He was a decent player tbf but the situation was toxic. Kevin's performances were OK but his Dad had ruined the dressing room is signing "Spec". John Bond was also given a hard time several local players, including Dave Bennett. I recall coming out of Maine Road one Saturday and there was a small protest on the forecourt. It was the time of the Falklands War and we (my Mum, r kid and I) joined the protestors in signing send John Bond to the Argentines doo daa etc.
Dave Bennett was a good kid, his old fella worked at Heaton Chapel railway station.

Dave Bennett was a good kid, his old fella worked at Heaton Chapel railway station.

Yes Dave is a great lad. He mentioned to Bondy that he wouldn't reach his peak until he was 24, who took exception to this and didn't give Dave a fair crack of the whip after that.

Oh i agree with this, don't get me wrong. But the question was who is the most overrated player, not the worst player. He was a desperate signing for us, as has been detailed by Gary Cook, we literally just needed a name. For example, Kaka was 10x the player that Robinho was and he would have been able to handle the premier league for a longer period. But as a comparison between the two in terms of where they were rated, Robinho was rated much higher at youth and early in his career at Real Madrid than Kaka was at Milan.
Kaka was and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened(or indeed David Villa), but at the end of the day you can only sign players that will come to you and in the case of Kaka we tried pretty damn hard to sign him! Its fair to say most if not all our early signings of this current era tended to be players with question-marks over them Silva was too small for the English game, Yaya was a defensive midfielder that we paid way over the odds for, Aguero would be back in Spain before the season finished and Tevez while a fine player wasn't without a whole ton of baggage, we really did amazingly well, The media want to paint it as we just threw money at everything but we really did great business

Kaka was and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened(or indeed David Villa), but at the end of the day you can only sign players that will come to you and in the case of Kaka we tried pretty damn hard to sign him! Its fair to say most if not all our early signings of this current era tended to be players with question-marks over them Silva was too small for the English game, Yaya was a defensive midfielder that we paid way over the odds for, Aguero would be back in Spain before the season finished and Tevez while a fine player wasn't without a whole ton of baggage, we really did amazingly well

Bottled ittttttttt

Ederson. He is good goalkeeper, but the thread is about overrated and many here say he is the best goalkeeper on the world and he is nowhere near that.

Kaka was and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened(or indeed David Villa), but at the end of the day you can only sign players that will come to you and in the case of Kaka we tried pretty damn hard to sign him! Its fair to say most if not all our early signings of this current era tended to be players with question-marks over them Silva was too small for the English game, Yaya was a defensive midfielder that we paid way over the odds for, Aguero would be back in Spain before the season finished and Tevez while a fine player wasn't without a whole ton of baggage, we really did amazingly well, The media want to paint it as we just threw money at everything but we really did great business
I wanted to see David Villa to come here for a few months and be part of the squad when the season stopped playing in America, he still had class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.