COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong on a lot of counts and very disrespectful to be honest

I run every day and raise money for charities
I have been polite and keeping my distance every time I'm out, even running on the road.
People like you are jealous of runners that's all, dont tar everyone with the same brush.
Bollocks. A lot of runners have their earphones on and a total disregard for everyone else. Though you might be the total opposite they're generally as bad as some cyclists

To be fair @BLUEMATT23 i too am a runner but I have noticed when I'm out walking the dog that my fellow runners have been absolute tools. Not all, but a very high % will not concede an inch, even if it's meant me dragging the dog in the road. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the same from cyclists and the new brand of 'family walker' that until 3 weeks ago didn't navigate their local area other than in a car. I have a particular route I walk the dog twice or three times a week where I would only ever encounter one person at most. Yesterday, my none running day, I counted 35 other walkers, 17 cyclists and 9 runners. Just amazing.

This has been driving me mad too. Runners just panting right past without even attempting to keep their distance. People walking tend to, but runners don't. Weird. It's literally always the runners too.
I haven't seen that. Ive been out running every other day since they closed the gyms and every single one of them have moved well away from pedestrians, as have I. Maybe you live close to twats. I certainly have not seen what you describe, including when I have been out in the car going to and from work or out while in work.

Wrong on a lot of counts and very disrespectful to be honest

I run every day and raise money for charities
I have been polite and keeping my distance every time I'm out, even running on the road.
People like you are jealous of runners that's all, dont tar everyone with the same brush.
Why would people be jealous of runners? I am confused. You had an alright point up until that bizarre addition.

To be fair @BLUEMATT23 i too am a runner but I have noticed when I'm out walking the dog that my fellow runners have been absolute tools. Not all, but a very high % will not concede an inch, even if it's meant me dragging the dog in the road. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the same from cyclists and the new brand of 'family walker' that until 3 weeks ago didn't navigate their local area other than in a car. I have a particular route I walk the dog twice or three times a week where I would only ever encounter one person at most. Yesterday, my none running day, I counted 35 other walkers, 17 cyclists and 9 runners. Just amazing.

I honestly dont see this anywhere but maybe I'm a bit blinkered and just in my own bubble. But I'm always respectful and tonight running In sale i past a few parents with their kids and each time I went onto the road because I've been brought up that way.
But I will say this this coronavirus whilst bringing out the best in society it has also highlighted the twats and selfish idiots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.