Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Exactly this. A player or one of the staff will test positive and all the plans are up in the air.
The number of people who have the virus is massive and a large percentage without any or only minor symptoms.
They are kidding themselves if they think they can test all the players and backroom staff and nobody will test positive.

This is the thing for me. We can't even test all our frontline staff, yet we wanna put aside thousands of tests for footballers to ensure we finish a season. Get it scrapped, appalling so many pundits are the like are saying it must be finished no matter what.

What's the situation with regard to match day tickets already purchased for games yet to play? Anybody know what if anything City have said on this?
Contact supporter services by email with name dob address and supporter number and they’ll refund.

Premier League club source: "A lot of players are very uncomfortable with coming back. The only way the league takes this seriously is when someone at a club dies. We will look back on this time with sadness in the future." [via
@ESPNFC

PL players with young families and pregnant wives are concerned about playing football during the pandemic, and that you can't play and social distance. Some are wondering how it is possible they're being told to get ready to return when the situation is like it is.

A number of high-profile Premier League managers have expressed serious concerns about forcing people to return to training grounds when the risk of infection remains too high. The majority of managers have remained silent to avoid antagonising their employers. [
@TeleFootball

Most managers would still to prefer to finish this campaign in order to maintain the sporting integrity of competitions, but there is a growing sense this will be too difficult, both in terms of removing the risk of infection and the logistical problems involved.

@TeleFootball

Where the Fuck is the PFA in all this?

I’d be furious if the association that’s supposed to keep you safe and fight for your interest is deathly silent and complicit with you and your co-workers risking the death of you and your family for money.
I definitely wouldn’t be paying subs after this!

Where the Fuck is the PFA in all this?

I’d be furious if the association that’s supposed to keep you safe and fight for your interest is deathly silent and complicit with you and your co-workers risking the death of you and your family for money.
I definitely wouldn’t be paying subs after this!
Given Gordon is about 75 I reckon he is holed up somewhere isolating.

Premier League club source: "A lot of players are very uncomfortable with coming back. The only way the league takes this seriously is when someone at a club dies. We will look back on this time with sadness in the future." [via
@ESPNFC

PL players with young families and pregnant wives are concerned about playing football during the pandemic, and that you can't play and social distance. Some are wondering how it is possible they're being told to get ready to return when the situation is like it is.

A number of high-profile Premier League managers have expressed serious concerns about forcing people to return to training grounds when the risk of infection remains too high. The majority of managers have remained silent to avoid antagonising their employers. [
@TeleFootball

Most managers would still to prefer to finish this campaign in order to maintain the sporting integrity of competitions, but there is a growing sense this will be too difficult, both in terms of removing the risk of infection and the logistical problems involved.

@TeleFootball

Someone should post that on RAWK, seeing as though some of the despicable fuckers on there think certain clubs are conspiring to get the league campaign voided in order for Liverpool not to be given the title. I’d hazard a guess that thousands dying every day all over the world is the main reason for players being nervous about the season restarting (and I wouldn’t mind betting some Liverpool players feel that way too), yet these whoppers think it’s all about them.

Seriously, I don’t even know why it’s a big deal to them still. It’s not like they can go out and celebrate a behind-closed-doors title win so it’d be the dampest or damp squibs anyway. They should take a leaf out of their manager’s book and stop deluding themselves that football is in any way relevant at the moment.

The conclusion of this season is not going up happen. When are UEFA and the FA finally going to wise up to this ?

Someone should post that on RAWK, seeing as though some of the despicable fuckers on there think certain clubs are conspiring to get the league campaign voided in order for Liverpool not to be given the title. I’d hazard a guess that thousands dying every day all over the world is the main reason for players being nervous about the season restarting (and I wouldn’t mind betting some Liverpool players feel that way too), yet these whoppers think it’s all about them.

Seriously, I don’t even know why it’s a big deal to them still. It’s not like they can go out and celebrate a behind-closed-doors title win so it’d be the dampest or damp squibs anyway. They should take a leaf out of their manager’s book and stop deluding themselves that football is in any way relevant at the moment.
But they would get a shiny new badge for their shirt,they love a new badge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.