Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Kevin De Bruyne: "My feeling is that we may be able to train again within two weeks. The government wants to restart football as soon as possible to give people something. Everything will be finished without fans I think..."
The financial aspect is far too important in the Premier League. If the season is not finished, it will cause serious problems. Everyone will be tested once we start playing again.
Dear Kev it wont give us a lift !

One Premier League club executive has questioned the logic of matches being played at neutral venues to prevent fans from congregating outside the stadiums when the biggest clubs have fans all across the country. [
@TheAthleticUK

The chairman of one Premier League club, unhappy at the prospect of games being played at neutral venues, has stated: “I think the integrity [of the competition] was lost a long time ago, this just seals it.”

Stadiums close to large residential areas are likely to be discounted from the neutral-ground concept, and local infection rates will be considered. The plan does not include non-football grounds at this stage, and Wembley is currently not under consideration.

The neutral-ground concept would see teams not even playing in their home city

The #PL bottom six are among the most strongly opposed to the use of neutral venues due to the loss of any home advantage. Teams with less to play for were more relaxed. Representatives of the “big six” were said to have been particularly quiet on the call.

PL clubs would prepare for games at their own training grounds and travel, with time of travel and distance as equal as possible. The World Cup-style camps are not on the agenda, while details of overnight stays and travel to games not being discussed. [
@TheAthleticUK

I have grown up, within the confines of the City of Manchester, and despised everything that ever emanated from The Swamp, but I have to say that over the last couple of seasons my loathing of all things red has migrated thirty odd miles down the East Lancs. Never has a club exuded such self-righteous importance, despite what they have and haven't achieved within that time span, and never has there been a club which felt that whatever they did - smashing coaches, hacking IT systems, furloughing staff - they still sat on a heavenly throne with The Almighty sitting at their right hand with Shanks on the left!

Like you fellow blue, until the past few seasons, I tolerated scousers, I also had to work with the club and pass the Heysel plaque on the side of the stadium many times on my way in, often thinking about those poor football supporters whom lost their lives due to sheer murderous thuggery..Passing the Anfield gates I also thought about those that tragically lost their lives at Hillsbrough. yet, inside I could not get my head around the how rags absolutely despised them, as my brother is a rag (sadly) he used to say to me you will understand one day what they really are.. and guess what that day has been ever present simmering under until last couple of seasons from when they destroyed our coach and how over the course of this time, how the media in particular continually acquiesce over them and this current diabolical situation of getting them over the winning line some way..

It may be said by others that I am more than bitter and disappointed on how we as a team have capitulated this season and handed them the lead along with the other shall we say debatable decisions they have received, and am just pissed at the whole situation but I am also a pragmatist and seriously have no real interest now or in the near future of giving two f#### if they are awarded the title or not, football as has been stated on here is not even a secondary consideration for many of us blues and followers of other teams. Sadly for those from Merseyside this is not the case at all...and those within the media that will be out of work in the coming months with no back pages to fill with their sycophantic red eyed views. I just can’t wait for this part. Sign on with hope in your heart, Mssrs Conn-man, Delooney, Roan and you’ll never get a job again!

Do they honestly think that the fucktards, and we all know which team they follow, won’t congregate outside/near the ‘neutral ground’ when they’re going to win the PL for the first time. Are the PL etc that FCUKING stupid?!?!?

Does anybody know which teams will have the most players out of contract by the end of May?

Chelsea in the premier league I think, at least in terms of key players. Giroud, Willian, Pedro, Caballero

Does anybody know which teams will have the most players out of contract by the end of May?

There is a list of about 90 players in the Premier league out of contract Willian at Chelski is one of them , and this virus is going to stifle any big transfers , players like Sane who's contract is up next summer can start talking to clubs in January and go on a free transfer , i am sure there are hundreds more players in europe in a similar position. It will be swings and roundabouts we could lose players for peanuts but also pick up some exceptional talent for next to nothing. There will be a seismic change in the transfer system in the next couple of years , so Txiki had better be "on it".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.