Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What are you saying? Everybody in Europe should still be under lockdown because less than 1% of those tested are infected? Footballers are no different to any part of the population returning to work. What we all need is a way of quarantining those who are infected.

If there are significant risks to footballers through training together which can not be mitigated then they should not play but that goes for just about every group.

no i didnt say that and dont put words into my mouth pal , there are the obvious exceptions during this lockdown , and one of them is not football , its a business that makes money and a return to kicking a bag of wind about should not be considered whilst hundreds of people are dying every day. Lets just fuck football off for a few months ,its not going to kill you , but the virus just might

Must be a dipper

Unnamed #PL player: "Most of the players are keen to get the season finished. There’s a view that, as long as we are tested regularly, then it shouldn’t be a problem. You would be surprised at how laid-back about it a lot of the players are." [via
@MailSport

Plans on the safe return to football are set to be finalised at a cross-sport meeting with the Government on Wednesday. Talks will see proposals over training and the restart of the #PL, should Westminster allow, put together for essential feedback from PL players.
@MailSport

Must be a dipper

Unnamed #PL player: "Most of the players are keen to get the season finished. There’s a view that, as long as we are tested regularly, then it shouldn’t be a problem. You would be surprised at how laid-back about it a lot of the players are." [via
@MailSport

Plans on the safe return to football are set to be finalised at a cross-sport meeting with the Government on Wednesday. Talks will see proposals over training and the restart of the #PL, should Westminster allow, put together for essential feedback from PL players.
@MailSport

"Unnamed" is journalese for "nobody actually said this".

We will obviously use bundesliga, serie A and La Liga as a precedent.

Ze Germans seem to be pressing ahead with it. They may view less than 1% of the initial tests coming back as positive as a good result. I read they are having a second lot of tests this week. If they come back with a similar or better result I imagine they will get the green light.

Then serie A looks like it is next in line

We will obviously use bundesliga, serie A and La Liga as a precedent.

Ze Germans seem to be pressing ahead with it. They may view less than 1% of the initial tests coming back as positive as a good result. I read they are having a second lot of tests this week. If they come back with a similar or better result I imagine they will get the green light.

Then serie A looks like it is next in line
BBC reporting Spanish government OK'd La Liga return https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52535700

Interesting, according to the news reports, queues at airports for planes could be as long as half a mile long or more if social social distancing is used.
Can you imagine what it would be like if you try to implement social distancing at football grounds, especially ours.
I'd be able to go out of my front door and join the back of the queue, heehee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.