Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

To complete this season, I would think they would have start playing the remaining games by latest mid June. Anything later than that potentially writes off next season.

Palace bellend Townsend calling for the season to be completed. Obviously that dickhead has no idea of the scale of this pandemic and it’s potential to devastate the nation. Even playing games behind closed doors without fans would still require hundreds of support personnel. Do the idiots think that fans (dippers more than others) wouldn’t be at the ground? I can’t believe that they’re THAT naive.
The FArce have set a precedence by cancelling and voiding other leagues, they need to do the same to all leagues NOW, before this virus mutates and gets a second wind.

I'm afraid null and void is the only way forward. Tough on Liverpool but if you give them the title, where do you stop with other clubs who have had a good season?

This has been the problem right from the start. Why only Liverpool? Why only them? Ethically speaking, it's indefensible. Who do you relegate? Who do you promote? Who qualifies for the CL? Do you just ‘give’ the other clubs all that? And if not, I come back to my first question. The season should, at this point, be null and void. And that means really null and void. I can't say I really give a toss about Sergio's hat-trick record, and I seriously doubt that he gives a toss about it at this point. Or number of goals he's scored. He is a hero and a legend to me. And he will remain such.

Last edited:
Oliver Kay (@OliverKay) Tweeted:
“If it’s not feasible, just end this league, with whatever consequences that has. There are very few losers. Liverpool, I know, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter”
Another PL club exec raises the null-and-void option https://t.co/zmEU3Qts85 @David_Ornstein

No doubt he will be receiving death threats from dippers soon.

Anything other than a null and void season is just plain wrong...

The PL and FA through announcing stupid dates have tried to maintain their position of perceived strength and power, as if they have power over the awful situation we all find ourselves in...they neither had nor have any power over events.

For me, they have dug a hole for themselves, simply because no one knows when all this stuff will end, they are as much as a victim of events as everyone else, only they appear not to be aware of it, much like that idiot over at Wetherspoons, he thought he could influence decisions, how did that attempt go?...setting dates is for fools, the more dates they come up with the more foolish they will look.

When this goes away, will people be wanting to be reflecting on what's go on before or will they be wanting to look forward, creating a fresh start into a new future? A future which will still be filled with uncertainty afterall?

Football will slowly find out that it's the people that matter, no matter what contracts are in place, not a one will have any mention of COVID-19...AND how long will be the Q be to sort all those contracts out?

IMHO The urge to start afresh will gather pace, it'll eventually be seen that it will be easier all round for everyone involved.

There is and will be a different future ahead ...no one I don't think is going to be wanting any reminders of what will have been gone through. Football needs to be careful, because if the authorities of the game persist in living in their ivory towers above reality, they may have to face the bigger danger that the game is a just a mere luxury that many may find that they can do without. What price a ticket or any other contract then?

Palace bellend Townsend calling for the season to be completed. Obviously that dickhead has no idea of the scale of this pandemic and it’s potential to devastate the nation. Even playing games behind closed doors without fans would still require hundreds of support personnel. Do the idiots think that fans (dippers more than others) wouldn’t be at the ground? I can’t believe that they’re THAT naive.
The FArce have set a precedence by cancelling and voiding other leagues, they need to do the same to all leagues NOW, before this virus mutates and gets a second wind.
Calls to complete the season are totally inappropriate. So are calls demanding that the season be voided now, they’re equally as distasteful.

No decisions should be made until we’re over the worst of the pandemic and it becomes clearer when football might resume.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.