Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Has anyone heard of Rob Molloy. He is connected to New York Fc. He has donated money to Notts County, Matlock, Willingon AFC & another whose name escapes me. The money is to help them thru the current crisis.

The leeches at the Premier league must be having a circle jerk with the news from Germany , its the green light for project re-start , looking forward to the firework displays all over Murkyside.
One small issue, the Germans are not a couple of weeks ahead of us, they are at 4 or 5 weeks ahead of us in tackling this virus! I believe it will be mid June before we have their current rates of transmission and death.

Clubs were asked and said it takes 300 staff to host a game of football,there are a lot of people involved in football you know,you seem to have the players in a bubble of their own

Its not a problem Kaz , only around 1% die when they get the virus , divide this into the £750m the Premier league can save , its good business , a few will fall by the wayside but at least the "integrity" of the league will be upheld.
Who would have thought "sport" would be a matter of life or death ,apart from that dickhead Shankly

One small issue, the Germans are not a couple of weeks ahead of us, they are at 4 or 5 weeks ahead of us in tackling this virus! I believe it will be mid June before we have their current rates of transmission and death.

Germany were certainly better prepared , the ratio is somewhere around 5 to 1 with deaths and cases , we are back up to around 700 a day corona fatalities , 4 or 5 weeks could be a little optimistic.

Its not a problem Kaz , only around 1% die when they get the virus , divide this into the £750m the Premier league can save , its good business , a few will fall by the wayside but at least the "integrity" of the league will be upheld.
Who would have thought "sport" would be a matter of life or death ,apart from that dickhead Shankly
I would laugh but i am so exasperated by this notion it is safe to play games this year even,teams have such a high black and ethnic amount of players that should be enough without every other reason ,i might be wrong but I don't think germany are the same,even if they are they are light years ahead of us with covid

I would laugh but i am so exasperated by this notion it is safe to play games this year even,teams have such a high black and ethnic amount of players that should be enough without every other reason ,i might be wrong but I don't think germany are the same,even if they are they are light years ahead of us with covid
The reason that black people have been dying in such significantly greater numbers is because they are more exposed to the virus i.e. there is a disproportionate number of black and asian people doing the more exposed jobs. I would not totally rule out a different immune between races but I think most people would be surprised it it outweighs the social effect.

So if we accept that, and most reasonable people will, what point are you trying to make about black players. Footballers are all equally likely to get infected and suffer the same outcome because they are all of the same age and sex and are not likely to be moonlighting as door staff or bus drivers.

Germany are in a far superior place to be able to propose this, my worry is that we will see other European countries doing similar and end up easing restrictions including football far too early.
Football is not going to have an impact on your safety. However you are certainly right about lifting the lockdown which is why this topic is mixed up. We should be concerned about the measures that affect our general risk, i.e. the UK's R0. You'd expect that SAGE have various models for various measures such as opening schools. They'll probably have metric associating transport usage with infection (which is why they keep showing us that first slide?). These are the kinds of changes that are going to affect us and they are very likely to come into place before the 12th June. This is really what should be taken the attention of those people who are anxious about lifting the lockdown.

The impact of footballers returning on R0, i.e. you, me and all of us will be negligible, hence the moves in Germany, Italy, Spain and England

There is another point to be made that fans are not interested in watching sport when people are dying. That maybe true but others might like to take their minds off it in the same way that netflix is apparently booming. There's also the point that a lot of football fans are not interested in football without relegation or without fans. I agree with the latter point. My reaction to restart will be indifference.

If Sheikh Mansour was still pumping money into City then I might be persuaded that damaging the rest of football economically might be in city's best interest but that is no longer evident.

The reason that black people have been dying in such significantly greater numbers is because they are more exposed to the virus i.e. there is a disproportionate number of black and asian people doing the more exposed jobs. I would not totally rule out a different immune between races but I think most people would be surprised it it outweighs the social effect.

So if we accept that, and most reasonable people will, what point are you trying to make about black players. Footballers are all equally likely to get infected and suffer the same outcome because they are all of the same age and sex and are not likely to be moonlighting as door staff or bus drivers.
No they are not,a huge amount of total cases are in that background and when they get ill they are getting it worse,men is also a huge risk factor,this is the same all over the world,scientists are talking about a genetic factor,stop reading just what suits you and read it all

Oh and it is a contact sport,they are not going down to tescos where they have social distancing measures in place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.