Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by berryblue, 9 Mar 2020.

1. tonea2003

tonea2003

i assume he's a free agent from july 1st, and if so we could resign him on a short term deal if both parties agree to finish the season off

Dribble likes this.
  2. toffee balls

toffee balls

Cheers for that.

SidJames and jonah62 like this.
  3. Chappie

Chappie

You observed social distancing when it was you're round in the pub for many years

lancs blue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

SidJames, Hillockblue and M18CTID like this.
  5. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

Whilst I understand and share the desire to see the likes of Sly and BT go to the wall, in addition to stopping the football gravy train, there are tens of thousands of people who do not earn thousands of pounds a week from it but derive an income from its participation.

I'm one of them, but then there are cleaners, contractors, food suppliers, pie makers, pubs, chippies, cafes, bar staff, stewards, hospitality staff, chefs, electricians, plumbers, groundstaff, creche workers, maintenance.

I'm sure there are scores more, which is why playing games behind closed doors is a non-starter. Even without catering and hospitality, it takes plenty of people to be involved on any given day.

6. Sky Blue

Sky Blue

Oh well, won't have to renew my car insurance in August.

SidJames and Tbilisi like this.
  7. urban genie

urban genie

As it is 80 light years away I won't worry just yet

8. 117 M34

117 M34

Fordyboy46 likes this.
  9. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I've just finished watching the English Game on Netflix. Bit cheesy but I enjoyed it. Its about how in 1879 with the FA being run by a cabal of elite clubs, a plucky newcomer tries to break through. Of course there are dirty tricks aplenty to stop that northern club. Its supposed to be a true story but who said history doesn't repeat itself.

colbee59 likes this.
  10. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

I can honestly say, three weeks without football so far and I haven't missed it half as much as I thought. Not sure if it's because we've something really major to all focus on, or that I was beginning to lose a bit of interest before Corona all kicked off. I think things will hit home when I realise that in another months time there will be no Cricket as well to compensate. Anyone else feel the same way?